Thread: Possitive Point

Del Rio Guest

Possitive Point

One thing that must be said through all these heart attack games we play is that we seem to be maintaining what we are doing well. In the past it seemed to me that we lacked any form of consistency.

So the fact that the things that were being done well in game one sttill are being done well is a bright point for our team. The shady areas of our team on D seem to be taking baby steps forward. Every aspect of the D has flaws and each aspect seems to be moving slowly in the right direction. All the while our offense is maintainig the good things without backtracking.

To me that is a sign of a good team. A scary team would be ones that we had in the past where you never knew what team would come to play. It seems that there is some consistency forming and a large credit to Pepper for sure.

But I would look for our D to break out any game now. They are actively getting better as a unit. I said last week would be a break out and in some aspects I'd say it was. The D line played well and the linebackers did pretty good. When the DB's come around it will be a thing of beauty.

Right now its like a dog on a leash with out the entire D playing well there is only so much slack given to any of the other positions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Possitive Point

"Del Rio" wrote:
    One thing that must be said through all these heart attack games we play is that we seem to be maintaining what we are doing well. In the past it seemed to me that we lacked any form of consistency.

So the fact that the things that were being done well in game one sttill are being done well is a bright point for our team. The shady areas of our team on D seem to be taking baby steps forward. Every aspect of the D has flaws and each aspect seems to be moving slowly in the right direction. All the while our offense is maintainig the good things without backtracking.

To me that is a sign of a good team. A scary team would be ones that we had in the past where you never knew what team would come to play. It seems that there is some consistency forming and a large credit to Pepper for sure.

But I would look for our D to break out any game now. They are actively getting better as a unit. I said last week would be a break out and in some aspects I'd say it was. The D line played well and the linebackers did pretty good. When the DB's come around it will be a thing of beauty.

Right now its like a dog on a leash with out the entire D playing well there is only so much slack given to any of the other positions.

Yeah, the good news is that if the D starts to be inconsistant that will probably mean that they are making plays and playing better as a unit (inconsistant from what they are doing now)...any change has to be a change for the better. BTW, who is the 32nd ranked D (under the Vikings)?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE