Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    I'll say this: If Vincent Jackson is there for the taking and he will listen to an offer from Spielman, then Sidney Rice MUST be let go. While it would benefit the team greatly to have both VJAX and Rice on the roster next season, that doesnt seem likely. Vincent Jackson is an absolute stud with a track record of consistency. This is something we cannott say about Rice. While I will always enjoy what Sidney did for the Vikings in 09, he will be an afterthought if Jackson can be courted.
    None

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "SpaceMTN69" #1099797
    I'll say this: If Vincent Jackson is there for the taking and he will listen to an offer from Spielman, then Sidney Rice MUST be let go. While it would benefit the team greatly to have both VJAX and Rice on the roster next season, that doesnt seem likely. Vincent Jackson is an absolute stud with a track record of consistency. This is something we cannott say about Rice. While I will always enjoy what Sidney did for the Vikings in 09, he will be an afterthought if Jackson can be courted.
    Hadn't thought of both Rice and VJ. Might be a bit of an over kill to have them both.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099833
    Quote Originally Posted by "SpaceMTN69" #1099797
    I'll say this: If Vincent Jackson is there for the taking and he will listen to an offer from Spielman, then Sidney Rice MUST be let go. While it would benefit the team greatly to have both VJAX and Rice on the roster next season, that doesnt seem likely. Vincent Jackson is an absolute stud with a track record of consistency. This is something we cannott say about Rice. While I will always enjoy what Sidney did for the Vikings in 09, he will be an afterthought if Jackson can be courted.
    Hadn't thought of both Rice and VJ. Might be a bit of an over kill to have them both.
    Reminds me of a Simpsons episode I watched a couple days ago

    on first class flight:

    flight attendant: What would you like for dinner sir, one steak, or two steaks?

    Homer: Ooohh... could i have both?

    flight attendant: Certainly.

  4. #24
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Sidney Rice Is Everywhere These Days

    To take this story in yet another direction, apparently the reports of a pre-lockout contract offer from the Vikings to Rice were incorrect. The Pioneer Press reports that a contract extension was discussed but that an offer was never made. Once again, Drew Rosenhaus was behind this news as he attended a charity event for the Jack Brewer Foundation in Minneapolis.
    “The Vikings have been good to him,” said Rosenhaus. “There’s just so many factors that will take place once the lockout is lifted.”
    http://www.vikingsgab.com/2011/06/30/sidney-rice-is-everywhere-these-days/
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099755
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mark_The_Viking" #1099723
    Seems the common consencus is when not if. be a shame though
    It would seem so, but we do have this.

    Frazier has maintained the Vikings want to retain Rice, and NFL.com’s Steve Wyche told fans during a Thursday chat that he believes the team will be competitive in its effort to keep the four-year veteran.
    “I know this: The Vikings really, really, really want to re-sign Rice, and I know they’ll be competitive in the market place,” Wyche wrote. “I think they’ll have a limit as to how much they’d spend, though. Rice only has been healthy for one season and that is a concern. Still, they know how good he is and how much they’d be hurting if he left. I think he’s back in Minnesota.”

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/06/23/wyche-vikings-will-be-competitive-in-rice-market/
    Thanks for the read doc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    The WR position is definitely a concern for the Vikings. I would love to have VJax and Rice. Why not have both if you could? Especially given Rice's injury history.

    Arceneaux would be a diamond if he pays out however remember rules in the CFL are different than the NFL. I watched that video that Marrdro supplied. The kid seems to have good hands which is awesome. However, it seems like the CFL gets away with a lot more movement from the offense and some would be considered illegal picks imo. Would he be as productive in the NFL without that luxury? I don't know. I don't watch enough CFL to know the entire pisture.

    We have Harvin which is good. We need to go out and get someone that doesn't mind splitting the load and can be a #1 WR if Rice should go down again. IMO Rice is good with great hands and body control. VJax has those same qualities. Harvin does too but we all know he does better in the slot when there is a WR that can stretch the field. Maybe Arceneaux can provide that but it's an unknown right now.

    My priorities would be trying to get VJax. However, there are more out there that has been brought up already. The Vikes need that good compliment to Rice. Berrian could be if he would stay healthy and actually give a rats ass about the game. IMO he doesn't.

  7. #27
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    I would love to see VJax but dont see him coming here. Steve Smith (Car) would be good too, i may be alone in this one but i would not be sad to see Plaxico come here. He isn't a smart guy but he can play football.

  8. #28
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1099955
    I would love to see VJax but dont see him coming here. Steve Smith (Car) would be good too, i may be alone in this one but i would not be sad to see Plaxico come here. He isn't a smart guy but he can play football.
    ..and if the opposing DB's shut him down, he can just shoot them.

    hmy:

    Caine

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099954
    The WR position is definitely a concern for the Vikings. I would love to have VJax and Rice. Why not have both if you could? Especially given Rice's injury history.

    Arceneaux would be a diamond if he pays out however remember rules in the CFL are different than the NFL. I watched that video that Marrdro supplied. The kid seems to have good hands which is awesome. However, it seems like the CFL gets away with a lot more movement from the offense and some would be considered illegal picks imo. Would he be as productive in the NFL without that luxury? I don't know. I don't watch enough CFL to know the entire pisture.

    We have Harvin which is good. We need to go out and get someone that doesn't mind splitting the load and can be a #1 WR if Rice should go down again. IMO Rice is good with great hands and body control. VJax has those same qualities. Harvin does too but we all know he does better in the slot when there is a WR that can stretch the field. Maybe Arceneaux can provide that but it's an unknown right now.

    My priorities would be trying to get VJax. However, there are more out there that has been brought up already. The Vikes need that good compliment to Rice. Berrian could be if he would stay healthy and actually give a rats ass about the game. IMO he doesn't.
    [strike]Two [/strike]Edit Three things....

    CFL rules allow the WR to be running when he gets to the line as long as he doesn't cross before the ball is snapped.

    What I really focused on with respect to the kid was his ability to twist/contort and still catch a badly thrown ball.

    If you take a look at Rice/Plex and Jackson, that is a quality they have that is hard to come by.

    Not sure how the staff is going to resign the ones they need to resign. Kindof why I didn't put any thought into them signing two "Big Contract" WR's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Possible WR Replacements WHEN/IF Rice Walks?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099981
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1099954
    The WR position is definitely a concern for the Vikings. I would love to have VJax and Rice. Why not have both if you could? Especially given Rice's injury history.

    Arceneaux would be a diamond if he pays out however remember rules in the CFL are different than the NFL. I watched that video that Marrdro supplied. The kid seems to have good hands which is awesome. However, it seems like the CFL gets away with a lot more movement from the offense and some would be considered illegal picks imo. Would he be as productive in the NFL without that luxury? I don't know. I don't watch enough CFL to know the entire pisture.

    We have Harvin which is good. We need to go out and get someone that doesn't mind splitting the load and can be a #1 WR if Rice should go down again. IMO Rice is good with great hands and body control. VJax has those same qualities. Harvin does too but we all know he does better in the slot when there is a WR that can stretch the field. Maybe Arceneaux can provide that but it's an unknown right now.

    My priorities would be trying to get VJax. However, there are more out there that has been brought up already. The Vikes need that good compliment to Rice. Berrian could be if he would stay healthy and actually give a rats ass about the game. IMO he doesn't.
    [strike]Two [/strike]Edit Three things....

    CFL rules allow the WR to be running when he gets to the line as long as he doesn't cross before the ball is snapped.

    What I really focused on with respect to the kid was his ability to twist/contort and still catch a badly thrown ball.

    If you take a look at Rice/Plex and Jackson, that is a quality they have that is hard to come by.

    Not sure how the staff is going to resign the ones they need to resign. Kindof why I didn't put any thought into them signing two "Big Contract" WR's.
    You have to also think, if he's as good as you claim, and is going to replace Rice in our offense, why was he in the CFL?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sidney Rice - the new Jerry Rice
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 02:57 AM
  2. Who's the best WR? Sorry, Randy, it's Rice with a side of Rice
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
  3. Mascot walks.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 03:26 AM
  4. Bannister walks the stairs.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 12:19 AM
  5. Irvin walks out at minicamp
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •