Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Possible QB dilema in 06" ???

There would be no QB controversy if Daunte was playing well before the injury.

But he was awful before the injury. (Only awful in this season though.)
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Del Rio Guest

Or if Brad Johnson was doing poorly, but he is not he is doing what Daunte couldn't.

Clearly if he is healthy and able he is the starter. Daunte that is.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

IMO you gotta leave brad in. Unless daunte comes back and shows in practice that hes back to him self again. You leave Brad in (thats if hes doing good ofcourse).I mean you dont ship Daunte out, becuase Brad is old and not gettin any younger. But untill Brad shows that he cant lead this team like he has been, you keep him in. I love Culpepper and want him to come back healthy and strong, but if it anit broke then dont try and fix it.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Kinda reminds me of the Tommy Kramer/ Wade wilson dilema that surrounded the Vikings in the late eighties...or even the Montana/Young situation....but back to modern times. Its looking more and more that the Vikings will be contenders this year. The play of BJ should be looked at positively........it will give Daunte more time to return to form and not rush provided BJ stays healthy. I think BJ's time is now; his mind and body are on the same page and he is reaching his peak. daunte's time will come in time.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

good read jamie

Go vikes!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Just for arguments sake:

Here's the thing though, you can argue all you want Brad is getting old, he's washed up, etc .... but he has been the model of consistency and won where ever he has been. No matter HOW bad the "O" line has been ... Tampa, MN this year and couple years in Washington.

Dont' get me wrong, I love CPep .... But how can you take out Brad if all he does is win games and not lose them.

Model of consistency:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1039

The man just wins. It might not be as beautiful as CPep throwing a 70 yrd TD pass, but I'll take wins any day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12