Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Possible Moves Next Season!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think if they move Winfield to SS they might as well keep Chavous there.

Chavous doesn't miss tackles either and he is undersized. The move would make no sense IMO.

Besides having Winfield close to the line makes him more dangerous at ending plays faster. I don't want to move our best tackler further away from the action then he already is.
    I agree with ya Rio. The only problem is that Chavous is most likely gone. He didn't like the way the Vikes "treated" him last season, and the rumor is he is not happy with the Vikings. Just like everything else though, it is just rumor.

The thing is, it will be difficult to not atleast offer B-Will to stay. We all know he will not stay as a back-up, so this may be the only way. Another scenario would be to let Chavous walk, keep Winfield as CB, and resign B-Will as SS.
    I think Chavous is more likely to stick around the B-Will. I am fairly certain B-Will doesn't want anything to do with the Vikings organization at this point.

He will be getting big money from somewhere, just not here.

IMO, I think they both want to leave. Out of the two of them, I guess I would rather have B-Will. I value everyone's opinions on this site. I like getting the feedback from everyone, and seeing who they want, and who they think will do a better job for us..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Jon Runyon AND Hutchinson? I'm foaming at the mouth! Screw Edge James, sign those two guys and put MeMo and O. Smith back there.

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

I think Star Tribune has lost its mind. Winfield is an excellent CB. NOT even REMOTELY a SS. He does not have nearly the size to cover TE's. Talk about match up problems, it doesnt matter that he tackles well, when he will be giving up 9-12 inches in height let alone weight. My advice is to draft USC's safety coming out this year.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I don't see us going after a TWO offensive lineman. With Marcus Johnson getting better towards the end of the season I think we will just go after one.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"slinkey" wrote:
    I think Star Tribune has lost its mind. Winfield is an excellent CB. NOT even REMOTELY a SS. He does not have nearly the size to cover TE's. Talk about match up problems, it doesnt matter that he tackles well, when he will be giving up 9-12 inches in height let alone weight. My advice is to draft USC's safety coming out this year.
    I agree...put BWill at SS...while not a better TACKLER than AWin, he is a bigger HITTER (witness his pop on MeShawn from the Cowboys game at the start of the 2004 season)...plus he has the size to cover TEs. The key is to pay him like a starting CB, not a top-flight one, but as a CB...moving AWin to SS essentially overpays the SS position anyway, so we might as well pay BWill CB money to stay.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I could see us going after two. Childress has made it very clear that the lines are his priority.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "slinkey" wrote:
    I agree...put BWill at SS...while not a better TACKLER than AWin, he is a bigger HITTER (witness his pop on MeShawn from the Cowboys game at the start of the 2004 season)...plus he has the size to cover TEs. The key is to pay him like a starting CB, not a top-flight one, but as a CB...moving AWin to SS essentially overpays the SS position anyway, so we might as well pay BWill CB money to stay.
    The TE coverage would fall on the LB's I believe.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I think all this talk about people changing positions is just simply not going to happen.

Brian Williams I'm sure doesn't want to change positions, and he's going to be offered more money to play elsewhere at a position where he's comfortable. While I'd love to have him back, it's not going to happen. He's gone. Chavous is gone too.

I think instead of trying to mold people to other positions, they should go out and get a true SS in free agency or the draft, and play people at the positions they are most comfortable. Moving a Pro-Bowl calibre cornerback to safety is a desperation move, not something you do to allow an inconsistent cornerback into the starting lineup.

Lineup Winfield and Smoot at corner, Sharper at FS, and sign/draft a true safety to play in the middle.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12