Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible DE scenario?

If we have to start the season without Mixon, is it possible we could move Udeze to Left End and put in Darrion Scott or Nick Rogers in at RE? I only suggest it because Udeze is really the only other legitimate run stopping DE, and one usually puts those guys on the left, right?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Possible DE scenario?

i dont know if the left DE is necssarily more "run stopping" or not, but i think you should definitely put the best pass rusher at right DE which is the blind side for most QBs. That way you can annihilate the quaterback much more frequently.

Doing this often results in having a DE on the left side that isnt as good as a pass rusher (so we call them a "run stopper" instead)... just my theory

Also I think it would be better to avoid having a rookie play different positions. Let him learn in the NFL at his natural position. K. Williams, for example, seemed to do much better when he moved inside and settled in.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Possible DE scenario?

"eelpout72" wrote:
    Also I think it would be better to avoid having a rookie play different positions. Let him learn in the NFL at his natural position. K. Williams, for example, seemed to do much better when he moved inside and settled in.
    I totally agree rookies have a hard enough time adjusting to the next level as it is. Let him stay at right end and do what he does best. I would put Darrion Scott at left end or rotate Johnstone, Rogers, and Wiley over there that way there would be a little more experience. :thumbright:
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Possible DE scenario?

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    I totally agree rookies have a hard enough time adjusting to the next level as it is. Let him stay at right end and do what he does best. I would put Darrion Scott at left end or rotate Johnstone, Rogers, and Wiley over there that way there would be a little more experience. :thumbright:
    Ya i would prolly do the same. For some reason i dont have a lot of faith in nick rogers after he played a couple of seasons as a linebacker. I know its his natural position but this is the pro league and whenever you have to change position, its as if you are in your rookie season trying to learn so many new and different things. Also the speed of the game seems faster in your new position.
    So ya start darrion and do rotations.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Possible DE scenario?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    Ya i would prolly do the same. For some reason i dont have a lot of faith in nick rogers after he played a couple of seasons as a linebacker. I know its his natural position but this is the pro league and whenever you have to change position, its as if you are in your rookie season trying to learn so many new and different things. Also the speed of the game seems faster in your new position.

I don't like rookies playing more than one position either. Last year was pissing me off when kevin williams was outside, look at what he did when he stayed inside.

With that being said, I have heard Tice already talking about Udeze being able to play left and right end. If we do loose mixon for any length of time, expect him to play left end at least on some downs. If darrion scott can step up, he might be able to fill in for Mixon on the left side, on running downs, and rogers can come in on passing downs.

Possible DE scenario?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:

I bet we use the 3-4 a lot this year too. We could have Udeze and williams at ends and hovan and steve martin rotate at nose tackle. Then have claiborne and nattiel at outside LB, and EJ and dontarrious on the inside spots. Dontarrious is said to be a perfect inside guy for the 3-4. we would have a faster D and probably the most talent on the field if we played the 3-4.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Possible DE scenario?

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Big Daddy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:

I bet we use the 3-4 a lot this year too. We could have Udeze and williams at ends and hovan and steve martin rotate at nose tackle. Then have claiborne and nattiel at outside LB, and EJ and dontarrious on the inside spots. Dontarrious is said to be a perfect inside guy for the 3-4. we would have a faster D and probably the most talent on the field if we played the 3-4.
    I doubt we use the 3-4. A lot of linebackers are inexperienced with the system and most of the linebackers are either rookies or second year players. The only time we would probablly use it is if we have more veteran lb and experienced players with it.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Possible DE scenario?

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I'm sorry, but no way is Hovan big enough to play the nose in a 3-4.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Possible DE scenario?

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I'm sorry, but no way is Hovan big enough to play the nose in a 3-4.

Which is exactly why I said he would rotate with martin at NT. Martin would play on running downs and hovan would play on passing downs. Not sure why you guys are jumping on me for suggesting the 3-4. Maybe you should read what cotrell is talking about doing, because he is gonna use the 3-4 some according to him, I didn't say all the time.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Possible DE scenario?

Nick Rodgers would be undersized and therefore I do not believe he could be a run-stopper. Not to fret though some free agents will be available after June 1st and it is possible a player could be picked up then to fill that position.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast