Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    Childress also said Bollinger is a more capable quarterback than seems the popular opinion among the team's followers.

    "He's a throw-to-the-spot guy, but that works for him," Childress said. "He's sharp enough about what's going on with a defense to do that."

    Childress said Bollinger has been promised the chance to compete with Jackson for the starting job in training camp and the exhibitions.
    I still think that it is a pretty good possibility that we see Brooks as the starter at the beginning of the season...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    Good read!


    The more I hear, the more I like Frazier!
    More playing experience...won the superbowl as a player and a coach!!
    I'm expecting some good blitz ideas from his background, to help minimize coverage time.

    Birk is Back!!
    "Bigger and stronger...and moving just fine."
    HELL YEAH!!

    I don't know about TWill's eyes, but catching 13 or 14 or 15 thousand balls ought to help!

    You've got to love Greenway's attitude!
    This guy gets after it!!
    That safety position is crazy...got to be some great competition there!
    We should start a poll for who gets the spot opposite Sharper

    I believe, that this team is built to rely on defense and the running attack, so, hopefully the line play will improve and whoever QBs will be all right!

    AP to the HIZZY!!!!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #23
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.

  4. #24
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.
    I think that will make 90% of people with realistic expectations happy. It all comes down to wins and losses though, so having solid D and an ok O won't mean jack if we are sub-500. I think we will have the D and running game needed to win games, but still won't be able to come back when we are down more than a touchdown because of lack of passing. To win we'll need to get the lead early or keep it close all game.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #25
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    Excellent article. I can't believe I'm actually reading something I like about Childress.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "V" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.
    I think that will make 90% of people with realistic expectations happy. It all comes down to wins and losses though, so having solid D and an ok O won't mean jack if we are sub-500. I think we will have the D and running game needed to win games, but still won't be able to come back when we are down more than a touchdown because of lack of passing. To win we'll need to get the lead early or keep it close all game.
    You mean something like they did last year?

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min2006.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.
    I think that will make 90% of people with realistic expectations happy. It all comes down to wins and losses though, so having solid D and an ok O won't mean jack if we are sub-500. I think we will have the D and running game needed to win games, but still won't be able to come back when we are down more than a touchdown because of lack of passing. To win we'll need to get the lead early or keep it close all game.
    You mean something like they did last year?

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min2006.htm
    Agree on the come from behind difficulties, I expect to see a lot more close games next year.
    The real killer will be turnovers for this team, this is my biggest concern with T-Jack and his inexperienced WR corps.
    Lets hope the defense can get their share to help out.

    The vikings and bears should definitely give us the old black and blue style games of the past.
    Nothing pretty, just a bunch of guys beating up on each other.

  8. #28
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.
    I think that will make 90% of people with realistic expectations happy. It all comes down to wins and losses though, so having solid D and an ok O won't mean jack if we are sub-500. I think we will have the D and running game needed to win games, but still won't be able to come back when we are down more than a touchdown because of lack of passing. To win we'll need to get the lead early or keep it close all game.
    You mean something like they did last year?

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min2006.htm
    You gotta look deeper than that.

    Of the 6 games we won, we were down by more than a touchdown in one of them.

    Of the 10 games we lost, we were down by more than a touchdown in 7 of them.

    We were up by more than a touchdown in 4 games. We won all of them.

    The score after we went up by a more than a touchdown was Vikings 33 - Enemies 36 in those four games.

    The score after we went down by more than a touchdown was Vikings 57 - Enemies 73 in those seven games.

    Those are the facts. IMO it means we were miserable at getting a solid lead, but great at keeping one. Also, we suck playing from behind.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "He has the 'wow' factor, and that's something our offense needs."
    We had this last year, it was just more like... 'wow', this is our offense.

    Anxious to see how Greenway and Adrian come out this year.
    I was very high on Greenway when we picked him and AD I'm ecstatic about, hope they don't dissapoint. If the passing game comes together I will give major kudos to Childress, but I don't expect any miracles here for a while.
    Inexperienced receivers and qb along with an underperforming OL from last year is a lot to put together in one year in this league.
    Give me a mediocre passing game along with a solid running game and defense and I'll be happy.
    I think that will make 90% of people with realistic expectations happy. It all comes down to wins and losses though, so having solid D and an ok O won't mean jack if we are sub-500. I think we will have the D and running game needed to win games, but still won't be able to come back when we are down more than a touchdown because of lack of passing. To win we'll need to get the lead early or keep it close all game.
    You mean something like they did last year?

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min2006.htm
    You gotta look deeper than that.

    Of the 6 games we won, we were down by more than a touchdown in one of them.

    Of the 10 games we lost, we were down by more than a touchdown in 7 of them.

    We were up by more than a touchdown in 4 games. We won all of them.

    The score after we went up by a more than a touchdown was Vikings 33 - Enemies 36 in those four games.

    The score after we went down by more than a touchdown was Vikings 57 - Enemies 73 in those seven games.

    Those are the facts. IMO it means we were miserable at getting a solid lead, but great at keeping one. Also, we suck playing from behind.
    It's because we had no passing game last year.

    You run to win, you throw to score.

  10. #30
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

    I think its interesting...run first offense with the ability to PA ,its gonna be strange but remember the giants of SB 25 when all they did was run 85% of the season

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winfield kept Childress amused and informed in the offseason
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
  2. No positivity!
    By Jimmymeboy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 06:45 AM
  3. MOVED: No positivity!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
  4. Who wants to bust flows??
    By magicci in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 05:33 PM
  5. Videos: Childress on character & Childress talks draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •