Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Positivity flows from Childress about offseason

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I really don't know what to expect from TWill this season. I just set my expectations low and hope to be wow'd by him this season.
    No expectations, no disapointments.
    That's the plan.

I defended him last year, and it turned out bad. This season I'm just looking for the team to show improvement from last year.
    He was catching the "sizzlers" at the end of the season thrown directly at him, but had the trouble with the balls that were higher in the air.

I'm not doubting his hands, I got to believe it's as Childress is saying. It's when he's looking up while he's running, with his head bobbing around.

I just hope it's resolved. If it is, between him Rice, Wade, AD & Taylor & if the line can do their job, we could have a better season than I think we will.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I really don't know what to expect from TWill this season. I just set my expectations low and hope to be wow'd by him this season.
    That's the plan.

I defended him last year, and it turned out bad. This season I'm just looking for the team to show improvement from last year.
    He was catching the "sizzlers" at the end of the season thrown directly at him, but had the trouble with the balls that were higher in the air.

I'm not doubting his hands, I got to believe it's as Childress is saying. It's when he's looking up while he's running, with his head bobbing around.

I just hope it's resolved. If it is, between him Rice, Wade, AD & Taylor & if the line can do their job, we could have a better season than I think we will.
    I hope you're right.

And if it all plays out right we could become better than most people think.

I'm actually mostly concerned about the QB position. There are so many young WR's I think there will be some of them stepping up. On the QB position on the other hand, it all depends on TJack being great. He could be as he has the tools, but it's not a given that he can be good in those pressure situations.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

That's the plan.

I hope you're right.

I'm actually mostly concerned about the QB position. There are so many young WR's I think there will be some of them stepping up. On the QB position on the other hand, it all depends on TJack being great. He could be as he has the tools, but it's not a given that he can be good in those pressure situations.
    Which brings me to the most unanswered question;

Just how good will our offensive line be this year?

That is the key to how well T-Jack will do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=35118.msg593711#msg593711 date=1182249599]

That's the plan.

I hope you're right.

[/quote]

I think the O-line is destined to improve.

But that doesn't mean that TJack will not get in positions where he has to make quick decisions. That'll be the key if he can find an open guy when that happens, or at least take the sack when he has to, or he starts throwing interceptions all over the place.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

That's the plan.

Great read Singer.

As for T-will, the more I dwell on this Vision exercise the more optimistic I am.
    My optimism is from another source however.

This whole thing is tied to Nike.
    Have they done this with anyone else before?
    They sure have alot riding on it IMHO for them to not be on to something here.

On a lighter note, I still keep picturing in my mind T-wills eye all bugging out like that chick on the commercial for power aide or something like that with one arm bigger than the other lifting weights.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I guess lowered expectations are the way to go. but I will think positive and hope for a good steady run at a division title or playoffs.Anything can happen in this sport.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

On a lighter note, I still keep picturing in my mind T-wills eye all bugging out like that chick on the commercial for power aide or something like that with one arm bigger than the other lifting weights.
    BadLandsViking has one arm bigger than the other but it's not from lifting weights.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Reusse is just another moron that points his decrepit fingers at a person that is building a team from a team the was stuck in mediocrity hell after gliding with a mentally challenged coach using Denny's schemes.
    Reusse pulls his head out of his ass for a moment and calls it a revelation.
    Hopefully he will keep it out long enough for the shit to dry and flake off so he can smell spring in the air.
    I doubt it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=35118.msg593711#msg593711 date=1182249599]

That's the plan.

I hope you're right.

[/quote]

Amen brother. That's the key to the offensive puzzle.

T-Jack will have his growing pains. But the O-line could ease his pain considerably.

The O-line could also give the receivers enough time to run their routes and get open so he doesn't have to throw to the check down receiver all the time.

Sometimes last year, when the O-line wasn't blocking well, Childress didn't keep a back in the backfield to help block or pickup the blitz. I think Childress can improve the line play by improving his play calling. I also feel the quarterback needs to recognize and be able to audible when he see's a blitz coming.

The improvement in the offense could be exponential if the line play improves.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"The" wrote:

Still not sure I buy into the Nike eye treatment thing, though. Childress actually said, "Troy has great hands."

I'll believe that when I see it.
    That is what Childress has to say, I hope it is true.
    He needs to get some confidence back in Twill.
    If Chili can get him to think he has great hands maybe he can regain some confidence and maybe he will have great hands.
    But what did you expect him to say?
    Even he can't catch, he has to try to instill some confidence in him.
    Let's hope it works.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast