Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Positives From Week 3

"Slade" wrote:
    Robison should be starting @ DE
    I'm glad someone else thinks this too.

Robison isn't going to be a beast... he already is.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    Robison should be starting @ DE
    I'm glad someone else thinks this too.

Robison isn't going to be a beast... he already is.
    - True dat, the guy has Motor that won't quit, kinda like a certain #93 that we had back in the day. we need that energy on the outside. The guy gets to the QB, plain & simple.

Big C is offline Coordinator

TJ didn't throw any INTs in the first game. OK fine he threw ONE but lets forget that ;D. I'm sure he will learn from that and reduce those down the road. Holcomb is definitely not the answer.

Also, I don't think we need to fire Childress. Everything he has done BESIDES the offense has paid dividends (off-field issues, draft, free-agency, etc). We need to fire Bevell (the OC) and the O-Line coach(s). He needs to bring somebody who knows how to create and run an offense just like he has done with defense. This of course starts with him admitting that his offense stinks. Our offense with and without Scott Linehan is proof of what a good OC can do.

The O-Line coach(s) should be SHOT before we fire him for not being able to make such a talented line work with something as basic as pass protection.

Yes. Robison is a BEAST. Very happy with Ray Edwards too.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

What i liked was Shiancoe indeed, he showed some good things but i wasn't sold on Holcomb AT ALL!!
    so i think starting TJ is the best thing to do.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I disagree about Holcomb.
    I think he played a decent game, and most importantly, didn't give the ball away.
    In the sack late in the first. if he would have made that flat throw out to AP (or was it Moore), the LB who was five yards upfield would have grabbed it for a pick 6.
    It would have been much better to throw it away, but he was in the pocket still.
    The time management was bad, I agree.

I honestly think that if Holcomb had played in Detroit, we would have won that game.
    And the play calls to go along with it. Less than a minute on the clock, 60+ yards to go, no time-outs & they call 3 short passes, most of which were away from the sidelines?

Boggles the mind.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tclawmen is offline Starter

After watching the first 3 games this year I AM POSITIVE that we have one of the worst offenses in the NFL this year. It will end up being a toss up between Atlanta, K.C. and the Vikes as to who scores the fewest points this year, but we are in the running.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Big" wrote:
    TJ didn't throw any INTs in the first game. OK fine he threw ONE but lets forget that ;D. I'm sure he will learn from that and reduce those down the road. Holcomb is definitely not the answer.

Also, I don't think we need to fire Childress. Everything he has done BESIDES the offense has paid dividends (off-field issues, draft, free-agency, etc). We need to fire Bevell (the OC) and the O-Line coach(s). He needs to bring somebody who knows how to create and run an offense just like he has done with defense. This of course starts with him admitting that his offense stinks. Our offense with and without Scott Linehan is proof of what a good OC can do.

The O-Line coach(s) should be SHOT before we fire him for not being able to make such a talented line work with something as basic as pass protection.

Unfortunately, the OL coach is doing what Childress instructed him to do.
    Zone blocking.
    If we took that away, we would see sacks cut in half.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

Zone blocking.
    Damn that Childress.
    What he needs to do is to have the OL Coach teach Birk how to yell louder so that his adjustments can be heard over the crowd.
    Wait, we don't make adjustments do we.

Seriously, I sure hope Birk can make the right calls at the line in the veritable quiet of the dome.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

Zone blocking.
    Damn that Childress.
    What he needs to do is to have the OL Coach teach Birk how to yell louder so that his adjustments can be heard over the crowd.
    Wait, we don't make adjustments do we.

Seriously, I sure hope Birk can make the right calls at the line in the veritable quiet of the dome.
    I seriously doubt that Birk is the problem.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

freaky is offline Starter

the positive is that bollinger didn't start.
    how chilly could be secure in him as backup (before kelly came along) is beyond me.
    that speaks volumes about the decision making at winter park right now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456