Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Positives From Week 3

We all know what went wrong against the Chiefs, but here is what I saw that went well:

1. Special Teams. Kluwe is a beast. If he can keep this up, he should be headed to Hawaii at the end of the season. Also, our punt coverage was for the most part pretty good, except for the long one that got called back. Otherwise, solid. Also, Longwell was solid, and has really been booming the kickoffs this year. The kickoff coverage has also been remarkably solid so far this year. Overall, the defensive side of our special teams were one of the strong points this week.

2. Shiancoe. He had a really big game today, he finally got involved and a couple of really nice catches, and should have had a touchdown. He finally got to see a little bit of why the front office gave him all that money. If he keeps improving he could be a big part of the offense.

3. Peterson. He carried the whole offense again this week. He really is a beast, always making plays and fighting for extra yardage. However I don't know how long he can hold up while carrying the whole offense. He is a legitimate star on our otherwise forgettable offense.

4. Williams/Williams. Our DTs continued to demonstrate their dominance, collapsing the pocket from the inside and completely shutting down on of the best inside runners in the league. They were constantly in the back field, and opened a ton of room for our linebackers to get in and make plays.

5. Holcomb. He came in, making his first start on the road in a hostile environment, and didn't make too many mistakes. For most of the game he was efficient enough to get the job done, and took care of the ball. He did the best he could with a porous offensive line and poor play calling, but that wasn't his fault. He did what was asked of him, and made a couple of nice throws. It was defiantly a step up from throwing 4 interceptions last week.

I also didn't see any major injuries during the game, so hopefully we will be healthy for a tough game next week against the 3-0 Packers. I think with more reps and time with the offense, Holcomb will get more comfortable, and be more effective if Jackson can't go next week. Also, hopefully Chester Taylor, Richardson and Williamson will be back for next week, that would really help the offense. I think we have a chance to do well next week if we can force Favre to make mistakes and if we can wear down their defense. Although this was a tough week, and we have many more ahead of us, I think there is still room for optimism.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Positives From Week 3

1) no major injuries to key players.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Holcomb: 0 INTs. 0 fumbles.

Go Vikings!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

We're more likely to pick higher in the the draft?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

No one died.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Man, get real. Any losing NFL team can patch together a "list of positives".

The reality is: if you can't pass in the NFL, you are done.

We've scored exactly 10 offensive points for each game this season....................... oh wait, that's not a positive is it?
    :P
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Rattz is offline Rookie

Chilly's one step closer to being gone...

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

We used to have a passing game. I remember the days...
    :

Does anyone have Marty Schottenheimer's phone number ?

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

I saw spurts of great play calling. The RB Pass to Shank WAS a touchdown, I'm not sure how the ref's missed that call! The fake double reverse pass to Fergie was a great play call, Holcomb needs to be able to hit a Wide Receiver that is separated by 10 yards from the nearest defender. There was a draw play for a first down to AD on 3rd and long when we knew the pass rush was coming hard. I dont know.....I've seen, like I said, "spurts" of great stuff from this team. We just need to mature as a unit and put together two solid halves. Does anyone question our conditioning? Seems like we always faulter in the 2nd half.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast