Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Positives from the Vikes in pre-season.

Seen a lot of posts on concerns people have with different areas of the vikings right now. On the positive side here's what I've seen so far:

1) Daunte Culpepper is the man, with him running the offense you gotta believe the Vikings are going to put points on the board.
    2) Deep receiving corps. I've yet to see a dropped ball by a Vikings receiver in the pre-season. Burleson impresses me, Taylor impresses me, Williamson has shown flashes of brilliance, Robinson hasn't made the catches I would have liked to seen, but he's being productive with yardage (defensive penalties on his man, good yardage on simple routes). Even the 5-6 guys like howry and hoag don't drop the balls. TE's same thing, they all catch it. With culpepper delivering the ball you just want to know your guys are going to catch it.
    3) Defensive talent. No they haven't gelled yet, but I've seen a lot of great individual talent. P. Will much needed. Quarterback pressures and sacks at times look impressive. E. james I think will make big plays this year. The linebacking corps is better than last year (still have a long ways to go in understanding their reads). I'll leave the d-backs out for now as the games I've seen haven't shown me much there yet (although I believe this will be one of our biggest strengths as the year goes on and will highlight a lot of the linemans talents by giving them a chance to bounce the quarterback around).
    4) Edinger. Hey we might have a field goal kicker. Not saying he's the best in the league, but 4-4 with a 50 yarder is better then I've seen in a long time with the Vikes.
    5) Adimchinobe Echemandu --- gotta love saying that name. He was impressive in a banger style of running against the Chargers. This guy is built for 30+ carries a game. Like to see a kid who plays this hard make the team.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Positives from the Vikes in pre-season.

I dont feel like typing that much, but i'll stat a few things that I thought went good for us so far..
    Pep is definitley the man.. He can run and complete 85 percent of his passes in preseason.. Im stoked to have him running the show..

We need work on the running game and our O-line

Sharper is definitley an upgrade over Russell..

EJ has been a plesent surprise for sure..

Erasmus has been getting pressure and p-will stopping the run

Smoot is being vocal

Im about done its not much but we have alot to look forward to! SKOL VIKES!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Hey guys,
    I haven't seen someone say it so far, but, Chavous is playing pretty solid! The games I have watched, he has made some good sticks flying up from his spot. I definatly think he is the hard hitting safety we all so coveted in Darious. Just give Sharper and Chavous a bit more time to gel, and they will be a solid duo.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the vikings are doing some really solid tackling. not many missed tackles, it seems.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

jellovike is offline Starter

I definitely agree on the tackling. It seems to definitely have improved. All the missed tackles I saw last year made me cringe.
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"grpape" wrote:
    Hey guys,
    I haven't seen someone say it so far, but, Chavous is playing pretty solid! The games I have watched, he has made some good sticks flying up from his spot. I definatly think he is the hard hitting safety we all so coveted in Darious. Just give Sharper and Chavous a bit more time to gel, and they will be a solid duo.
    i cannot agree more

Go vikes!!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I think one of the biggest surprises of the preseason so far have been the LB's, and especially EJ. I remember us having a debate about who the starting WLB should be, and we left EJ out of it. He came out of nowhere and has had a monster preseason.

So far from what I've seen of the preseason, and I missed the Chargers game, the LB's have been around the ball and have actually made tackles. The last few years, you could never say that. One guy would have the odd good game where he'd have a bunch of good tackles, but mostly they were out of position and missed tackles.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I dont feel like typing that much,
    testing those bongs again I see.

guzziVike is offline Training Camp

I'm gonna say it again cuz I think he'll go unoticed a lot this year. Kenechi was a monster on friday, that S.O.B. can fight. Our front D line is going to eat offenses for breakfast (mostly morning games out west). They are seriously going to crush the pocket this year. Like poppin' ugly zits. QB puss all over the field.

was that too far? over the top?
    Go D!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ive only seen the Jets game, being here in florida without sunday ticket....But I did notice that I liked the way Corey was playin. He was movin to the ball and makin beautiful tackles. From what I've herd our LB corps is lookin better, especially E.J. and that makes me really excited. I think our dline will come in tact. I listened to a interview with Kevin Williams and he predicted us in the top 10, maybe even better, so i like that. I cant be happier with our WR's...well robinson is showin his age. But the Rook, twilly is makin me happier every game. Nate boogy is lookin like a proven number 1. Our running game as exspected is gonna need so work. But we have talent. The O-line has realy pi$$ed me off...the penalties and not creating the holes for the backs isnt good. But given its preseason i'll let it slide. I dont even need to say how amazing culpepper is. He will have a great year! so thats my opionion!-SKOL!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast