Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Positives thusfar

Edinger and our punter. Darren Sharper and Keith Newman.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"RK" wrote:
    Our punter averaged 54 yds a punt that is a major plus for us
    Our FG kicker made a 53 yarder that is a plus for us as well
    Our secondary got 2 pics that is a plus
    Our D played well in general that is a first for a long time.
    We had a couple chances to win the game at the end. Thats always a good thing in a loss.
    No one else in the NFC North is setting the world on fire so far. :smile:
    That is a pretty good assessment. Wiggy getting robbed but still remaining calm was good also.
    Honorable mention goes to Keenan. :grin:

Hopefully Daunte got all the turnovers out of him for the rest of the season.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Hopefully Daunte got all the turnovers out of him for the rest of the season.
    Amen, ADub.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Its a tought loss...real tought loss. But you gotta take the bad with the good. Its not the end of the world. Hell our defense to me...loked fantastic. We held Caddalac to 77 yards, untill at the very end we stacked the line and he got that lucky hole. Smoot really made a impact for the short time he got play. Ralph brown and Brian williams as exspected gave up big plays for big yards. Darren Sharper looked amazing...playing with so much intensity. The thing was our offensive line just straight sucked. Culpepper felt the heat every time they rushed, which causes turnovers. Daunte had a off game, it happens we gotta get over it. We'll regroup...and come back strong...Even the best get beat. So lets keep our heads high and prepare for the bungals and do the damn thing...EVERYONES HANDS IN THE MIDDLE, VIKES ON 3, 1-2-3 VIKES!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Its a tought loss...real tought loss. But you gotta take the bad with the good. Its not the end of the world. Hell our defense to me...loked fantastic. We held Caddalac to 77 yards, untill at the very end we stacked the line and he got that lucky hole. Smoot really made a impact for the short time he got play. Ralph brown and Brian williams as exspected gave up big plays for big yards. Darren Sharper looked amazing...playing with so much intensity. The thing was our offensive line just straight sucked. Culpepper felt the heat every time they rushed, which causes turnovers. Daunte had a off game, it happens we gotta get over it. We'll regroup...and come back strong...Even the best get beat. So lets keep our heads high and prepare for the bungals and do the gol 'darnit thing...EVERYONES HANDS IN THE MIDDLE, VIKES ON 3, 1-2-3 VIKES!
    Ooooohhhh, we held a rookie to 77! before he blasted for a TD on a guaranteed run play.

By the way, how many yards did our rookie have?

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Really a bad game by our O, but here is what I noticed.

Pos. +

- The D looked good, the only people beat deep for big gains were williams and brown

- Sharper and Smoot are already paying off, 2 great plays for interceptions

- Newman looked like a probowler, he was everwhere

- punting, our punter was outstanding.

- Kicking, its been so long since I seen a 50 yard field goal from a viking kicker.

Neg -

- Our oline sucks really bad. Pepper didnt have time to do anything, and we have no running game because of this

- Pepper had a very bad game, all the turnovers are on him

- way too many penalties, nothing like scoring a td 2 times and having them both called back because of stupid penalties.

- I still not conviced loney is a good O cordinator, I will make my mind up on this team around week 5.

Overall I would say it was strange to watch the game, we always said that our D lost us games in the past, but this time it was the O that lost it for us. Im starting to think we need some oline help and fast, time to call big dave up, we really need the help.

Players of the game, Newman and Sharper
    Toilet bowl players, Daunte Culpepper and the entire o-line. Just pathetic.

What, Hovan doesn't get a honorary mention?? :grin:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Its a tought loss...real tought loss. But you gotta take the bad with the good. Its not the end of the world. Hell our defense to me...loked fantastic. We held Caddalac to 77 yards, untill at the very end we stacked the line and he got that lucky hole. Smoot really made a impact for the short time he got play. Ralph brown and Brian williams as exspected gave up big plays for big yards. Darren Sharper looked amazing...playing with so much intensity. The thing was our offensive line just straight sucked. Culpepper felt the heat every time they rushed, which causes turnovers. Daunte had a off game, it happens we gotta get over it. We'll regroup...and come back strong...Even the best get beat. So lets keep our heads high and prepare for the bungals and do the gol 'darnit thing...EVERYONES HANDS IN THE MIDDLE, VIKES ON 3, 1-2-3 VIKES!
    Ooooohhhh, we held a rookie to 77! before he blasted for a TD on a guaranteed run play.

By the way, how many yards did our rookie have?
    before he blasted the one for 71 yards and a TD he averaged 2.9 ypc. That is nothing great. We held there team to 2.5 ypc up till that run.

So what if he ran for a td on that play, the only reason he got the score was because we put everyone up on the line to shoot gaps and hope that we stop him before he gained a yard, and had no safeties left in the backfield. it was a big gamble that didnt payoff. To me it makes no difference if he would have gained one yard or a TD, either one would have won the game.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    What, Hovan doesn't get a honorary mention?? :grin:
    lol, I didnt think he played that good, but he didnt play that bad either. That could be mostly from our crappy oline play.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast