Thread: Positives

Positives

Hear me out fellow Vikes fans. These past 3 weeks have not been kind to us. We have lost 3 in a row, to 3 good football teams.

However, only the Giants game was a blowout. Even that game we showed we could come back in the 4th. Both the Colts game and the Packers game, our Vikings team has shown a hell of a lot of heart. This team never gives up. We played 2 top five offenses in the last 2 weeks and have only lost by a field goal in the last seconds both times.

We all know we have a top-notch offense. But, our D has not done its fair share this season. But, remember we have been playing 2 really good football teams with good offenses, both on the road. We should be all right the next few weeks playing below average offenses again.

Special teams is also poor, we need a new kicker and punter. Coverage is a little better but it is hard when your kicker can only kick it to the 20 yard line. Expect a new kicker next week.

Just hang in there, we will come through the next few weeks. We have 4 home games left, and 3 road games against sub-par teams. If we play like we did against these better teams, even without our best player in Randy Moss, we should beat these guys no problem. We just have to keep our heads up high and keep playing our game.

I am saying this with all confidence. We are 5-4. We have the potential to win out and be 12-4 with our upcoming schedule. Keep faith in our boys. SKOL!!!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Positives

In the chat i said i'm loosing faith in our team but i take that back as it was a spur of the moment reaction to crumy play. I still have confidence in our team. There are some positives to take from this game.

1) We damn near over came a deficit WITH the refs playing in green uniforms.

2) Nate manhandled Batman, with Carroll hanging on his jersey and arms every play.

3) EJ showed the things he can and will do in the near future.

4) Winfield continues to make plays for our team, He is a top 5 DB in this league, the man is a beast.

5) Lasty i believe this is very good that Culpepper is gaining alot of confidence in Nate, obviously he was the go to guy. When Moss comes back I look to see Pepp at his best. In ways we are getting better on offense without moss. We are learnig to use other weapons such as NATE.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Positives

"vikingstw" wrote:
    In the chat i said i'm loosing faith in our team but i take that back as it was a spur of the moment reaction to crumy play. I still have confidence in our team. There are some positives to take from this game.

2) Nate manhandled Batman, with Carroll hanging on his jersey and arms every play.

4) Winfield continues to make plays for our team, He is a top 5 DB in this league, the man is a beast.

5) Lasty i believe this is very good that Culpepper is gaining alot of confidence in Nate, obviously he was the go to guy. When Moss comes back I look to see Pepp at his best. In ways we are getting better on offense without moss. We are learnig to use other weapons such as NATE.
    I agree with all of that--we might have lost three in a row and left the pack back in contention, but we showed heart even after getting killed by the Smalls three weeks ago. this is a different football team from last year, but we won't start winning consistently until we make the other team punt 6 or more times a game.... preferrably more... our kicking squad and special teams coach needs to go back to their day-job working at a St. Paul Blockbuster video... and i don't care how young our defense is...where is the physical presence that makes the other team sore? the last time i saw a big hit from our D was the first week against the Cows when Brian Williams levelled Keyshan... i want to see hits, not finess...

later.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Positives

I thought Caborne and EJ had some nice smacks today. The tackling was levels above last week even though it wasn't great. The second half they played much better. Winfield may not hit like a LB but he tackles like one, probably better, hes a very unique ball player.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Positives

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:

I agree with all of that--we might have lost three in a row and left the pack back in contention, but we showed heart even after getting killed by the Smalls three weeks ago. this is a different football team from last year, but we won't start winning consistently until we make the other team punt 6 or more times a game.... preferrably more... our kicking squad and special teams coach needs to go back to their day-job working at a St. Paul Blockbuster video... and i don't care how young our defense is...where is the physical presence that makes the other team sore? the last time i saw a big hit from our D was the first week against the Cows when Brian Williams levelled Keyshan... i want to see hits, not finess...

later.
    I am with both of you guys...this team is showing heart (especially on offense, but some on defense as well)...making the other team punt is the key (as PA said), if we don't stop teams from moving the ball at will, we will be in a shootout every week...and that puts way too much pressure on the offense to win every game. Defense needs to step up.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Positives

The positives i see of players are these:
    Culpepper
    Buleson
    Wiggins
    Smith even thought we didnt run much
    Winfield
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Positives

The positives i see of players are these:
    Culpepper
    Buleson
    Wiggins
    Smith even thought we didnt run much
    Winfield
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Positives

positives........almost pulling out a win without Randy and showing more heart than most give them credit for. on the road i might add. n8 making great plays, duante getting fired up instead of that worried look on his face. great job #11. and I will even have to give to linehan(who i cant stand, as a play caller) for some pretty good calls. moe-mentum carrying the rock into the zone OVER some damn jue!! lol jj now. more positives, #26, #32, #65(overall), #85(its steve jordan jr), and yes #29....he is still better than what we have had in years. and most of all the whole team for not giving up when down by 14, on the road, against two future hall of fame QB's. GREAT FREAKIN JOB!!! but next time can we run out the clock? lol

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Positives

[size=18px]Hitting WIGGY with it!![/size]

Wiggins looked like a WR catching that TD. He has great hands.

I am going to say this without being negative because Burleson really helped us out by running awesome routes to create seperation so DC could throw him the ball, but we need Nate to catch all balls that hit his hands. He could have added atleast 2 more receptions to his totals. I am glad that DC didn't give up on him early. We all know that Nate can catch. He did a great job.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Positives

"snowinapril" wrote:
    [size=18px]Hitting WIGGY with it!![/size]

Wiggins looked like a WR catching that TD. He has great hands.

I am going to say this without being negative because Burleson really helped us out by running awesome routes to create seperation so DC could throw him the ball, but we need Nate to catch all balls that hit his hands. He could have added atleast 2 more receptions to his totals. I am glad that DC didn't give up on him early. We all know that Nate can catch. He did a great job.
    Once Moss is back, Nate will be a solid #2 (and a few drops won't hurt us all that much)...and I doubt that he will drop many more anyway (he has proven that he can be counted upon so far).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE