Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive Notes

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Positive Notes

Just a few positives about the game today, among many negatives that will hopefully be addressed this week in practice.

1. The D-Line looked great in the pass rush. Kudos to K Williams and Johnstone for a stellar game.

2. The offense did click in the final minutes of the game, no, it was nowhere near enough to win it, but it showed that they woke up, hopefully they will carry that on to next game.

3. There were no break out run plays. They did get some TDs and such running, but there were no break out long runs.

What could happen?

I want to see them bounce back from this. Use it as a wake-up call. People make reference back to last year, blah blah blah. Last year was last year, the team knows that. See what you did wrong, change it, and get back into playing OUR GAME. The whole time we were trying to fit ourselves against what they were doing, make them adjust to us. Go into next week with a positive attitude, after a loss like that there is nowhere to go but up! Looking forward to next weeks game, should be a good one!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Positive Notes

I agree the D line played pretty good, considering the great field position the Gmen were give throughout the game, but you can toss out the stuff about the offense "clicking in" at the end of the game...this one was over midway through the 3rd quarter and the Gmen D were definitely in coast mode and playing soft. Yes, we didn't allow any big breakouts other than that defensive pass interference play at the beginning of the game....the offense turning the ball over so many times and setting NY up for scores was all the breakout they needed!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Positive Notes

I stand by the offense clicking in the end. Yeah, they were playing soft. But you saw daunte in the first 3 quarters, every pass was off target! He finally focused near the end, and you could see the game in his eyes then. The first three quarters they looked like they were zoned out or half asleep. But in the late fourth it looked like Daunte just woke up after not knowing the game even started.

Also, I think that backwards pass rule is bull. I know it was the correct call, but I think that rule should be changed. They should jsut be called incomplete, but thats just me.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Positive Notes

Dont' get me wrong Kleinny!...I don't think anyone can put all the blame on Culpepper in this one...he was making some good passes throughout the game...had a few picks, but we could of overcome that had we had the running and blocking we had in previous games. That's where I think most of our offensive problems were today...I feel none of that happened until the game was clearly in hand and the Gmen were in prevent. For what it's worth though, I sure hope they can build off those 2 late TD's for next week 'cause we're sure going to need them!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Positive Notes

Kleinny you can't have that rule changed or every time a team does a latteral and fumbles it will be called an incomplete pass.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Positive Notes

Well, I will be honest and say that I smiled a bit when I caught the highlights of the Vikes game, but I am frowning because my powerhouse fantasy team is starting to crumble when Daunte isn't passing for 4-5 TD's a game.

I know, I know...all he needs to get back on track is play the Pack.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Positive Notes

There were no positives in today's game. Yeah the D played well, but well is only good enough for the bottom of the league. Just as in years past, the game showed that if you keep the Vikes offense off the field you can beat them (even at the dome). They had all three backs in the game and still couldn't run the ball well.

Next week will show how much heart this team has, and whether they really can overcome their own mental mistakes and continue to win games.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Positive Notes

I'm with you, so cal, but they did play good on the D line with pass rush and pass defense for the most part. The DB's forced warner to hold onto the ball way longer then he wanted to and it resulted in sacks.

Offense played like shit, culpepper played like shit, its time to be honest. Pepp is to hesitant when moss is not playin. He holds on the ball way to long. He's gonna have to learn how to play without him. Moss was limping on the sideline pretty bad i dont see him coming back for some time. Oh one more good point the Oline pass blocked pretty darn well, but no run blocking.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Positive Notes

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I'm with you, so cal, but they did play good on the D line with pass rush and pass defense for the most part. The DB's forced warner to hold onto the ball way longer then he wanted to and it resulted in sacks.

Offense played like shit, culpepper played like shit, its time to be honest. Pepp is to hesitant when moss is not playin. He holds on the ball way to long. He's gonna have to learn how to play without him. Moss was limping on the sideline pretty bad i dont see him coming back for some time. Oh one more good point the Oline pass blocked pretty darn well, but no run blocking.

All very good points. When they bring it all together and win next week, all will be right with the team.

cheesefree is offline Starter

Positive Notes

Well Tiki didn't burn the Vikes for 190 yards like he did in Green Bay. It's not like the Giants were some offensive juggernaut, Warner only had 144 yards passing. I guess the Vikings defense played fairly well, it would have helped if the Vikings offense showed up to play. Not many positives they can take from this one.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast