Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

    By John Holler

    Posted May 19, 2008



    The Vikings’ style of defense relies on its outside linebackers to make plays and the team has a pair of solid starters in that role, but depth behind them is a little uncertain at this point.

    http://min.scout.com/2/755791.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    wow, no mention of Rufus at all

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    wow, no mention of Rufus at all
    I wonder how his rehab is going?

  4. #4
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    wow, no mention of Rufus at all
    I wonder how his rehab is going?
    i was thinking that in an article that focused on OLBs they would mention his return or his status, i hope its coming along well for the guy

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #5
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    Horrible to not mention Rufus, and for some reason the author thinks that Farwell and Ciuriu are totally incapable backups. I disagree.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    "V" wrote:
    Horrible to not mention Rufus, and for some reason the author thinks that Farwell and Ciuriu are totally incapable backups. I disagree.
    Lets not put the kool aid on the table just yet. He is only stating we ahve no depth. Something I have stated in the past. What will we get out of Farwell as a start? You can't know for certain. I don't think he is saying they are incapable but they are unproven. Since many have us contending for an NFC title having backups that have almost no starting or playing time at the position is a risk. Lets hope everyone stays healthy.
    I think the fact that the coaching staff feels fine to have them as back ups speaks louder than anything this guy can say..after all they see them in practice every day.

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    wow, no mention of Rufus at all
    Yea I was going to mention that but i see quite a few already did

    Thats pretty surprising to me that they'd mention David Herron and not him.


    Anyways, I'm with Kevon on this one, the guy makes good points, our OLB backups are are unproven when it comes to what they can do on a full time defense while i'm fans of both Cuircui and Farwell, who knows how they'll do if we need them to step it up.
    Our safety cushion (Thomas) is gone, and these guys will have to step it up if needed.


    I do however, really like what i've seen from Farwell during the preseason when he played on D.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    wow, no mention of Rufus at all
    Yea I was going to mention that but i see quite a few already did

    Thats pretty surprising to me that they'd mention David Herron and not him.


    Anyways, I'm with Kevon on this one, the guy makes good points, our OLB backups are are unproven when it comes to what they can do on a full time defense while i'm fans of both Cuircui and Farwell, who knows how they'll do if we need them to step it up.
    Our safety cushion (Thomas) is gone, and these guys will have to step it up if needed.


    I do however, really like what i've seen from Farwell during the preseason when he played on D.
    90% of the time a backup is either a guy who had a chance to start, blew it, and got shoved to the bench, or a guy who has some potential but has never had the chance to start. Very rarely do you have a guy like Chester Taylor as a backup. I would rather have Farwell and Ciuriu than some washed up aging vets. I would argue that our LB depth is solid.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #9
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker

    Dontarius Thomas was garbage, he had no football insticts but he had good athletcism and speed. Another failed LB from our drafting days with Tice. A high one at that. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that Erin Henderson or J Leman has a better NFL carear and they were both UDFA.

    I like the LB depth, between all the guys we have we should find a set of solid backups. I think Rufus is a guy who can make it but he's got alot of competition, same goes for the others.

Similar Threads

  1. Positional Analysis: Running backs
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
  2. Pre-Draft Positional Analysis - WR
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
  3. Vikings Positional Analysis: Tight Ends
    By Mr-holland in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 06:51 PM
  4. Vikings Positional Analysis: Wide Receiver
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM
  5. Vikings Positional Analysis: Running Backs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 07:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •