Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Let's make this clear. Christian Ponder can gun the ball!
    I've seen it many times. And real experts agree. His arm strength is not an area we should worry about. For Christ sake! we have enough holes to fix already. Let's not make up imaginary problems!

Peace to the Viking nation!

Great post.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post

Great post.
    Agreed, nice to see someone using their own eyes to form an opinion on a player.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Let's make this clear. Christian Ponder can gun the ball!
    I've seen it many times. And real experts agree. His arm strength is not an area we should worry about. For Christ sake! we have enough holes to fix already. Let's not make up imaginary problems!

Peace to the Viking nation!
    Well said, HEY! I think Ponder's arm strength is more than enough for him to be a successful NFL quarterback. He has the intelligence to match the arm strength as well. Given how the Vikings' offensive line did not protect him well last year, what could we expect out of him? Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? Eli Manning?...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Given how the Vikings' offensive line did not protect him well last year, what could we expect out of him? Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? Eli Manning?...
    Yep, because last year was the 1st time in almost a decade that our OL didn't do a good job of protecting the QB.

(sarcasm off)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SkolNasty is offline Waterboy
    The most important thing Ponder has going for him is his noggin. The kid is smart. If he can get help from the O-line as well as running backs to help block I think that the extra time in the pocket will help him make his throws. He has the smarts, some talented pass catchers, and a solid run game, now he just needs some blocking.

As far as his confidence, its sky high. This truly is "his" team this year. Now lets see what he can do with it.

Strictly my opinion, so dont rip me to pieces too quickly.
    Twitter - @Andy_FA_

Bleed Purple

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12