Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Respectfully you are wrong. Harvin was Ponders safety valve. He inflated Ponders numbers but in fact take a look at the length of the throws to Harvin. Id say over half were at the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards of it. The throws he was making to Harvin were elementary throws any qb can make and hope the YAC are there , which they were for Harvin. He was tops in the league with the YAC. Harvin leaving exposed Ponder as much as defenses taking his short stuff away after week 4. How people can't see that Ponder just does NOT HAVE AN NFL arm is beyond me. It's so obvious... Add in that he's got no pocket presence and hears footsteps, and can't let the ball go on time because he SCARED.. all tell me he's a bust
    Are you telling me Welker inflates Brady's numbers?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #42
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Are you telling me Welker inflates Brady's numbers?
    Reach! And i'm not talking about the toothbrush!

    The difference in the two is that you have a Qb that cannot complete a deep ball to save his life. I know you are going to try to spin it like its's on the WRs but that hold as much weight as a soggy sandwich. Simpson's history shows him to be routinely used for deeper patterns with his average of 14.5 per catch. Here it's 10 yards a pop. Despite the change of offense, it should be clear that our Qb cannot throw the deep ball.

  3. #43
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Reach! And i'm not talking about the toothbrush!

    The difference in the two is that you have a Qb that cannot complete a deep ball to save his life. I know you are going to try to spin it like its's on the WRs but that hold as much weight as a soggy sandwich. Simpson's history shows him to be routinely used for deeper patterns with his average of 14.5 per catch. Here it's 10 yards a pop. Despite the change of offense, it should be clear that our Qb cannot throw the deep ball.
    I do not think that Ponder has a good deep ball yet.

    That being said, the difference in offensive schemes (with regards to Simpson's time in Minnesota vs. Cincy) would be the major reason for the decrease in ypc. He was a vertical seam guy with the Bengals, iirc.

  4. #44
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I do not think that Ponder has a good deep ball yet.

    That being said, the difference in offensive schemes (with regards to Simpson's time in Minnesota vs. Cincy) would be the major reason for the decrease in ypc. He was a vertical seam guy with the Bengals, iirc.
    He was running vertical routes early in the season...Ponder can't throw them. #fact.

  5. #45
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He was running vertical routes early in the season...Ponder can't throw them. #fact.


    Ponder can throw the deep ball, he just hasn't got the timing down yet. This could be for a variety of reasons, but it's not the largest of my concerns.

    When he plays with confidence, he does well. I'm worried that he's going to go the Sanchez route.

  6. #46
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post


    Ponder can throw the deep ball, he just hasn't got the timing down yet. This could be for a variety of reasons, but it's not the largest of my concerns.

    When he plays with confidence, he does well. I'm worried that he's going to go the Sanchez route.
    You notice how much room that recievers has between he and the sideline. Get Ponder some cats that can work a route like that and you will see him make throws like that.

    Case in point, watch these throws.....Pay close attention to the pockets he works out of at times.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhY
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #47
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You notice how much room that recievers has between he and the sideline. Get Ponder some cats that can work a route like that and you will see him make throws like that.

    Case in point, watch these throws.....Pay close attention to the pockets he works out of at times.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhY
    College plays and a highlight reel.
    Nice... I could just use his stats on the deep ball.

    Marr I know your belief on the space he is being given by the WR but are you telling me, that the coaches aren't catching the spacing being used on these routes and 17 weeks into the season hasn't correct an obvious flaw? Come on. That is the first thing looked at when trying to identify an issue. Are you saying that all of our WRs suddenly forgot how to run deep routes and adjust to the sideline on the throw? What about deep balls to the middle of the field... you know the ones that seem to always get picked off or hit DBs in the back?

    I already know the answers to these questions. The kid cannot consistently throw them at this point in his NFL career. BTW a well thrown college ball doesn't equal a well thrown pro ball. You can float in college, you can't in the pros.

  8. #48
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    College plays and a highlight reel.
    Nice... I could just use his stats on the deep ball.

    Marr I know your belief on the space he is being given by the WR but are you telling me, that the coaches aren't catching the spacing being used on these routes and 17 weeks into the season hasn't correct an obvious flaw? Come on. That is the first thing looked at when trying to identify an issue. Are you saying that all of our WRs suddenly forgot how to run deep routes and adjust to the sideline on the throw? What about deep balls to the middle of the field... you know the ones that seem to always get picked off or hit DBs in the back?

    I already know the answers to these questions. The kid cannot consistently throw them at this point in his NFL career. BTW a well thrown college ball doesn't equal a well thrown pro ball. You can float in college, you can't in the pros.
    I didn't use the college clip. I used the pro clips and watch the game this weekend. You will see our WR's tight up on the sidelines. The do it every game. Doesn't mean our coaches aren't telling them not to , it just means they don't get it.

    Said it before and I'll say it again, our WR's (Jenkins/Aroma) are on this team because they can run block. Nothing more, nothing less. Musgrove thought he could get by with Harvin, Childs and Simpson, with a lot of TE play out of Calrson and Rudy.

    That plan was working pretty good until Percy went down and they found out, after he got healthy, that Carlson can't get open anymore.

    Wright didn't get reps so he is just now getting ready, and they are trying to use Simpson at the Z instead of bringing Summers up (they needed a OLmen more).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •