Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Sanchez does throw a prettier interception though. Ponder's float like a turd in a bowl....

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    I really dont care if we are last in yards passing. I am glad that Ponder is not "allowed" to wing it all over the place and no doubt incurring more INT's. Which would really have this place jumping! So I'll take what we have and like it. for now.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Christian Ponder can't complete the forward pass for the Minnesota Vikings. Jake Locker makes you cringe with the Tennessee Titans.
    with that being said the Vikings aren't in the top 9 teams listed but Rivers is on the list, I know he has problems but the Chargers (AJ Smith) have done more to let skill players leave than replace them

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I do remember early in Sanchez's career how those who didn't think he was a good QB were told he got them to 2 consecutive AFCCG appearances so he must be doing something right. There are times when a QB is not really that good even if the team is winning.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by purple pain View Post
    I think you really have to look at the whole picture. When Ponder had Harvin to throw to he looked like a young QB that had potential, but when you take away the only mid to deep threat & don't get NFL level play from your other receivers then of course your gonna look bad. We need to go out and get a legitimate deep threat to pair up with Harvin, team that up with TE Rudolph & we could make a good run next year. Ponder needs to speed up his decision making & learn how to move within the pocket. I don't think he will ever be a great QB but I think he has the potential to be at a Shaub level.
    Respectfully you are wrong. Harvin was Ponders safety valve. He inflated Ponders numbers but in fact take a look at the length of the throws to Harvin. Id say over half were at the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards of it. The throws he was making to Harvin were elementary throws any qb can make and hope the YAC are there , which they were for Harvin. He was tops in the league with the YAC. Harvin leaving exposed Ponder as much as defenses taking his short stuff away after week 4. How people can't see that Ponder just does NOT HAVE AN NFL arm is beyond me. It's so obvious... Add in that he's got no pocket presence and hears footsteps, and can't let the ball go on time because he SCARED.. all tell me he's a bust

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Respectfully you are wrong. Harvin was Ponders safety valve. He inflated Ponders numbers but in fact take a look at the length of the throws to Harvin. Id say over half were at the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards of it. The throws he was making to Harvin were elementary throws any qb can make and hope the YAC are there , which they were for Harvin. He was tops in the league with the YAC. Harvin leaving exposed Ponder as much as defenses taking his short stuff away after week 4. How people can't see that Ponder just does NOT HAVE AN NFL arm is beyond me. It's so obvious... Add in that he's got no pocket presence and hears footsteps, and can't let the ball go on time because he SCARED.. all tell me he's a bust
    Kingpi you are right on with this assessment.... he has NO pocket presence at ALL.... all his throws are dump off's or comebacks... whens the last time we even saw him complete a slant...

I'd say almost 90% of his passes don't travel 10 yards... its pathetic.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    with that being said the Vikings aren't in the top 9 teams listed but Rivers is on the list, I know he has problems but the Chargers (AJ Smith) have done more to let skill players leave than replace them
    HOW THE HELL ARE THE VIKINGS LEFT OFF THIS LIST is beyond me!...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Go figure, a thread basing Ponder. I wonder as I go through these old threads that I missed when I was gone for a bit, will I find some were you cats liked him? You know, early on in the season when his stats were up?

Sure he wasn't lighting up the world with 300 yard passing games (unless you count the Deadskin game) but he wasn't making bone head decisions with the ball. He and Percy were on the page and could move the ball in the air (Week 1 6/84, Week 2 12/104, Week 3 8/89, Week 4 3/22, Week 5 8/108, Week 6 11/133, Week 7 4/37, Week 8 7/90) when AD wasn't doing what "new AD" is doing now, you now, not breaking 100 yds in 5 of the first 6 games?

Comeon people, he is a youngster that is going to have issues, but if you take his best weapon away and leave him with crap he is going to play like crap.

Plain and simple truth of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Kingpi you are right on with this assessment.... he has NO pocket presence at ALL.... all his throws are dump off's or comebacks... whens the last time we even saw him complete a slant...

I'd say almost 90% of his passes don't travel 10 yards... its pathetic.
    Have you looked at his pockets and compared them to what other QB's enjoy when you talk about pockets?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast