Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369

    Ponder is the worst starting QB in the NFL?

    Jimmy Johnson says, "Ponder is the worst QB in the NFL."

    Terry Bradshaw said he did not like Ponder at Florida State, and Ponder's play in the NFL over the past two seasons has solidified his opinion.

    I know there are topics about Ponder in the forum, but members may not want to wade through posts to get to this subtopic.

    Where does Ponder rank? Where does Ponder rank after the first 1/4 of the season when the NFL figured Ponder and Musgrave out? Is he really the worst? Do players with similar stats have more upside or potential?

  2. #2
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849
    I have been a huge critic of Ponder. I didn't like the pick but I got on board because I wanted a young QB so badly. His first season showed so much potential but it eventually disappeared as the season went on. At the start of this season, I felt he could be special. Most of the NFL critics simply said he was terrible but I believed that they were judging too soon.

    All good will he had evaporated this season. However, I believe he will have a good game today.

  3. #3
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308
    Evidently they havent watched any Cardinal tape. Can you honestly say that Ponder is at that low a level? He may be bad, saying it nicely, but I don't think he is THAT bad.

  4. #4
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Evidently they havent watched any Cardinal tape. Can you honestly say that Ponder is at that low a level? He may be bad, saying it nicely, but I don't think he is THAT bad.
    Do you think the Cardinals guys would be better with Peterson behind them?

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511
    Ponder is really bad, the worst? Not sure. But he's in a run for that title. Proved it again today if you ask me.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734
    Gabbert, Sanchez, or Skelton....will beat him out and he'll finish 3rd o 4th in the running

  7. #7
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    629
    He's so bad they're basically asking him to go out there and just not lose the game now. To me that's just a huge slap in the face of AD and everyone else on this team. I mean just think where we'd be if we even had a half decent QB. We're probably 10-4 and talking about a possible 1st round bye. This team always seems to be 1 piece away from being great and this time that 1 piece is a QB.

    Maybe statistically he's not the worst QB in the league, but come on, most of his completions and yards come off bubble screens and check downs. Do you really think he's going to get it done when we need him to throw? Of course not. If AD wasn't having the season he's having and we needed to rely on Ponder more, we'd be no better than last year. We're probably sitting at 3-11 right now.

  8. #8
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,422
    I suppose the bottom 3 would have to be Sanchez, Ponder, and Kolb/Skeleton. All should be not starting next season or their teams will be in trouble from the get go.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  9. #9
    AF_Viking Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    I suppose the bottom 3 would have to be Sanchez, Ponder, and Kolb/Skeleton. All should be not starting next season or their teams will be in trouble from the get go.
    This 100%. But I expect Ponder to be here next year regardless.

  10. #10
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    He's so bad they're basically asking him to go out there and just not lose the game now. To me that's just a huge slap in the face of AD and everyone else on this team. I mean just think where we'd be if we even had a half decent QB. We're probably 10-4 and talking about a possible 1st round bye. This team always seems to be 1 piece away from being great and this time that 1 piece is a QB.

    Maybe statistically he's not the worst QB in the league, but come on, most of his completions and yards come off bubble screens and check downs. Do you really think he's going to get it done when we need him to throw? Of course not. If AD wasn't having the season he's having and we needed to rely on Ponder more, we'd be no better than last year. We're probably sitting at 3-11 right now.

    BS
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •