Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ponder or Webb?

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    I am going with Defense in general.

Offense spotted them 20.
    ANY defense, no matter how good, will wear down if they are almost constantly on the field. The offense and defense have played equally well in the first three games, or the other team would have had more points on the board at half. Both sides played equally bad in the second halves, but in my mind the defense has the added pressure of being almost constantly on the field, while the offense can't seem to get past the first 3 downs. They spend most of the second half standing around on the sidelines.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Jesus Christ himself could not be successful without a better offensive line.
    Jesus christ curveball.flv - YouTube

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    ANY defense, no matter how good, will wear down if they are almost constantly on the field. The offense and defense have played equally well in the first three games, or the other team would have had more points on the board at half. Both sides played equally bad in the second halves, but in my mind the defense has the added pressure of being almost constantly on the field, while the offense can't seem to get past the first 3 downs. They spend most of the second half standing around on the sidelines.
    Very true, our offense doesn't help our defense much at all in the second half. But it also seems that the defense can't get themselves off the field in the second half. I don't think it is so much that they are wearing down as it is our ability to raise the level of play to match our opponents increased pressure. The easiest solution is for the offense to get some sustained drives as you mention, but the defense could do a better job of giving them more chances as well.

Right now, it's pretty obvious our offense is pretty anemic. In order to win games with this team, the defense is going to have to do more to help them out. I don't see our offense getting any more dynamic anytime soon.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Ponder or Webb is the topic, and we are breaking blame down to offense vs defense.

Watch the games, there is plenty of blame to go around. I might cut a break to ST (though i am sure Marrdro will have something to say about that )

Offensive penalties, defensive penalties, blown coverages, poor tackling, 1st and 25 and we give up 29, poor passing, no protection, 3rd down conversions, sustaining drives, questionable coaching decisions.....

We are 0-4. Hate to break it to everyone, but we don't have 1 problem.

So, to get somewhat back on topic, I say bring on Ponder, and get Webb some time at WR. What have we got to lose at this point?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456