Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder or Webb?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Ok, now explain to me what the offense does.
    Typical of you.

All I am saying is that the Offense scored 20 and we had a 20 point lead. How does the Defense dominate 1 half, and not the other?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    Whose job is it to hold the other team from scoring? We had a 20 point lead regardless how many points we scored in the second half. What more do you want? And don't give me that crap about being on the field because the Offense cannot sustain a drive. These guys make a ton of money and have the best training facilities available to them. They are expected to play the game...to keep the other team from scoring period!
    Everyone knows that defense is constantly chasing the offense around the field, and no defense can hold off an opposing offense with weapons like the Lions have, if they are on the field for so long. They need a break, and our d-line played great, obviously this is a team loss, but to pin it on the defense is ridiculous.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Typical of you.

All I am saying is that the Offense scored 20 and we had a 20 point lead. How does the Defense dominate 1 half, and not the other?
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but how does the offense do the same? I asked for you to explain what the offense does for the same reason: if it's the defense's job to prevent scoring, it's the offense's job to score. They failed miserably in the final two quarters of today's game. If they even put forward a crappy effort we win.

Detroit more than doubled our time of possession in the second half. If we get a drive or two that spans more than a few minutes we probably win, and that's asking a hell of a lot less than we did of the defense by forcing them on the field for practically the whole half against a talented offense.

Punt-Punt-Punt-Turnover on downs-Punt-Field Goal-End of regulation. 3 first downs in the half. Nothing short of pathetic.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I am going with Defense in general.

Offense spotted them 20.
    We had a double-digit lead at the half, not once, not twice, but three times in a row.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We had a double-digit lead at the half, not once, not twice, but three times in a row.
    That's true.. but we're 1-15 on third down conversions in the second half... that's 6.7% conversion rate on third down... we have 3 first downs total in the second half... Pathetic..

Linebackers gave up the business to Pettigrew... Calvin made some amazing plays with above average coverage on him... I put the blam on the Offense and LB's... Defense was solid... they aren't the problem.. by any stretch!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I disagree on the games failure.

The games failure goes to the Defense. We were up 20-0 and owning that team.
    not so sure about that, if we'd made some third down conversions then maybe the defence wouldn't have been on the field so much. I still would like to know what the coaches do at halftime to send the team out so flat - maybe brewing up cocoa for them instead of getting them ready for the second half?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

The hardest thing to watch is that we know McNabb isn't good enough but we know Frazier wants to keep Ponder out of the team for this year. Three games in and its going to be at least another three to five games before it changes. Half the season will have gone before we make any progression from last year and thats at the absolute earliest.

The defensive ends have been the only highlight of the first three games (discounting the given AP).

We aren't too far off being competitive, but with McNabb I don't think we can get there. Ponder, may not be good enough, but we won't get anywhere without trying.

If we wait until next season, after say a 5-11 this year, and then he bombs. Its another year before we get the chance to pick up another young QB. I don't feel that Webb is good enough, but he certainly deserves his place on the roster and to grab a opportunity once it appears. I have nothing against him, just not seen enough to get excited.
    Australia: Where Monday Night Football is on a Tuesday

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneTerrier View Post
    The hardest thing to watch is that we know McNabb isn't good enough but we know Frazier wants to keep Ponder out of the team for this year. Three games in and its going to be at least another three to five games before it changes. Half the season will have gone before we make any progression from last year and thats at the absolute earliest.

The defensive ends have been the only highlight of the first three games (discounting the given AP).

We aren't too far off being competitive, but with McNabb I don't think we can get there. Ponder, may not be good enough, but we won't get anywhere without trying.

If we wait until next season, after say a 5-11 this year, and then he bombs. Its another year before we get the chance to pick up another young QB. I don't feel that Webb is good enough, but he certainly deserves his place on the roster and to grab a opportunity once it appears. I have nothing against him, just not seen enough to get excited.
    Great post.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    How much longer until Christian Ponder time for the Vikings?

Each of the NFL's three rookie starters at quarterback has a higher passer rating than the 34-year-old Vikings starter who has played a key role in three second-half meltdowns.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19020848

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Gift2 is offline Training Camp
    "This game's failure was purely on him incredibly missing pass after pass that would have changed the game for us." LOL.
    The QB is not the problem with this team. The reality is this just isn't a very good team top to bottom.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast