Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder or Webb?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    To the secondary maybe. The Dline looked awesome.
    I am going with Defense in general.

Offense spotted them 20.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    I disagree on the games failure.

The games failure goes to the Defense. We were up 20-0 and owning that team.
    It's the defense's fault that they were on the field for 21 minutes in the second half? Every team needs drives that span more than a minute or two to be successful. Defense is reactionary, the longer they're on the field the more likely they are to fail.

We lost by 3, we only scored 3 points in the second half. If the offense plays even half-way decent in the second half, we win. Punt-Punt-Punt-Turnover on Downs-Punt-Field Goal-End of Game.

This loss is not on the defense. No way.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 09-25-2011 at 09:33 PM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Ponder.

I do not get the fear of throwing Ponder to the wolves. The only way the game will slow down for him is if he plays. Plus if he royally sucks then you know to draft Luck if we are sitting at #1. If Ponder is the future he will show some progress throughout the season.

The fear of putting him behind our offensive line? Who is to say we will have a different line next year? Our management hasn't shown to have a clue. We will probably end up drafting a WR or ILB.
    Sure it won't slow down for him unless he plays, but at what price & risk are you willing to throw him in there? If the O-line isn't doing there job, Ponder is going to be to busy running around avoiding a sack & trying to make a play, any play for it to ever slow down. No sense making the kid gun shy.

Kind of hard to learn that way, not to mention you'll probably get him injured in the process.

I'd leave McNabb in there until the O-line shows some promise that they can protect the QB before ever bringing in Ponder. If there must be a change, then go to Webb.

There'll be plenty of chances in the 2nd half of the season to bring Ponder in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    It's the defense's fault that they were on the field for 21 minutes in the second half? Every team needs drives that span more than a minute or two to be successful. Defense is reactionary, the longer they're on the field the more likely they are to fail.

We lost by 3, we scored zero points in the second half. If the offense plays even half-way decent in the second half, we win. This loss is not on the defense. No way.
    Whose job is it to hold the other team from scoring? We had a 20 point lead regardless how many points we scored in the second half. What more do you want? And don't give me that crap about being on the field because the Offense cannot sustain a drive. These guys make a ton of money and have the best training facilities available to them. They are expected to play the game...to keep the other team from scoring period!

Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    Whose job is it to hold the other team from scoring? We had a 20 point lead regardless how many points we scored in the second half. What more do you want? And don't give me that crap about being on the field because the Offense cannot sustain a drive. These guys make a ton of money and have the best training facilities available to them. They are expected to play the game...to keep the other team from scoring period!
    Ok, now explain to me what the offense does.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    What game were you watching?
    (I'm guessing your quote was pre-edit. My bad.)
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 09-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.

PPE
    PPE is offline Waterboy
    since webb played at WR in college as well as QB and everyone says he is a freak of nature (athelete) why not put him in berrian's spot as a WR and get berrian off the field? then use mcnabb or bench him and go with ponder and see what both of them have....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Play Webb at QB. I'm tired of watching McNabb's career tumble while he takes out team down with him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    (I'm guessing your quote was pre-edit. My bad.)
    Yep. It was pre your edit. As soon as I posted it, I saw you changed the "we scored zero points in the second half" part, so I retracted my comment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast