Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder or Webb?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Ponder or Webb?

Luck ain't happening.

McNabb ain't happening and really should be benched. This game's failure was purely on him incredibly missing pass after pass that would have changed the game for us.

I hear calls for Ponder.

Do we want to see what Webb has in the tank finally or not?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That depends on which one is more ready to go. In the end if Ponder is the guy they are going with they should play Ponder, have Webb convert to a different position where his talent would be put to use, and then sign a guy like Bomar as the third QB

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    If we MUST make a switch, play Webb. I'm afraid of playing Ponder too soon, and I really don't feel that this offense has the tools to be successful - not on the line, receivers, or coaches. As such, Webb is the more expendable QB.

Caine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If we MUST make a switch, play Webb. I'm afraid of playing Ponder too soon, and I really don't feel that this offense has the tools to be successful - not on the line, receivers, or coaches. As such, Webb is the more expendable QB.

Caine
    If the QB connects on only one play in each of the second half's this year we could be 3-0 and not 0-3.

I actually though McNabb might have won us maybe a game or 2 this year but I am really trending towards the idea he will cost us that many compared to Webb/Ponder.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I doubt Ponder or Webb would have been the difference.

McNabb has looked like Poo in a can, but our entire Offense has looked terrible except for Peterson. And our OC has been dumb enough to limit AP's touches.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

Caine

+1
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Ponder.

I do not get the fear of throwing Ponder to the wolves. The only way the game will slow down for him is if he plays. Plus if he royally sucks then you know to draft Luck if we are sitting at #1. If Ponder is the future he will show some progress throughout the season.

The fear of putting him behind our offensive line? Who is to say we will have a different line next year? Our management hasn't shown to have a clue. We will probably end up drafting a WR or ILB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Ponder.

I do not get the fear of throwing Ponder to the wolves. The only way the game will slow down for him is if he plays. Plus if he royally sucks then you know to draft Luck if we are sitting at #1. If Ponder is the future he will show some progress throughout the season.

The fear of putting him behind our offensive line? Who is to say we will have a different line next year? Our management hasn't shown to have a clue. We will probably end up drafting a WR or ILB.
    A very wise post.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Luck ain't happening.

McNabb ain't happening and really should be benched. This game's failure was purely on him incredibly missing pass after pass that would have changed the game for us.

I hear calls for Ponder.

Do we want to see what Webb has in the tank finally or not?
    I disagree on the games failure.

The games failure goes to the Defense. We were up 20-0 and owning that team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravikingfan View Post
    I disagree on the games failure.

The games failure goes to the Defense. We were up 20-0 and owning that team.
    To the secondary maybe. The Dline looked awesome.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast