Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Walsh is concerning me too now. I still would rather have him than long well specifically for the kickoffs... But he needs to figure out his FGs. On KFAN they said that they identified a technique issue with him from his last year in college, and they have addressed it to some considerable success. But old habits apparently die hard, and he looks to be reverting a bit when the pressure is on. Here is to hoping that he can get it under contro
    I knew you would come around.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Walsh is concerning me too now. I still would rather have him than long well specifically for the kickoffs... But he needs to figure out his FGs. On KFAN they said that they identified a technique issue with him from his last year in college, and they have addressed it to some considerable success. But old habits apparently die hard, and he looks to be reverting a bit when the pressure is on. Here is to hoping that he can get it under contro
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I knew you would come around.
    ITYS.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Apologies as well Max. I may come off negative at times, but I'm very passionate about my Vikings. I've been the recipient of relentless criticisms & snide remarks for the past 5 years now & it irks me to see certain people use the same reasons to defend certain players that I've used in the past, except only then, I was chastised for them as being weak excuses, but they seem to be quite valid reasons for them now.

I like Ponder & I also like Webb. I would love both to succeed, but only one can be given the chance to.

I'm a big proponent of giving a QB a chance to succeed. I don't believe 2 starts is enough chances & I don't think 10 starts is enough chances. Unless of course, they are basket cases.

I certainly don't say 2 starts without a full offseason working with the starting unit is more than enough time & a QB should be cut after that with one breath & then say that another QB needs 26 games with a full offseason working with the starting unit before they can make a judgement one way or the other. I'm not saying you do either, but there are those here that do.

I say play Ponder & play him all season. What I don't want to see is us losing our first two games & him get benched because of it & inserting #2 QB in there to finish the season. If they pull that shit again, I'll be voicing my displeasure. Play your starter all year, win or lose & see what you have at the end of the year.

As far as Walsh is concerned, I'm not sold on him yet. He missed another 40+ yarder last night again. That gives me reason to be concerned, it doesn't make me a hater. That's 3 of 5 he's missed so far at 40+. Two people here said 1 of those misses was because of a bad snap (Bill's game), but I didn't find anything on the web to confirm that. Only that he kicked himself later for missing it. It had the distance, but was wide. If we give him the benefit of the dought on that one & throw it out, he's still only 2 of 4, having missed his last 2.
    alright bro...we be good. Re: Walsh...yeah, I'm a little concerned, but, as part of the full rebuilding mode, I'm onboard. I'm also onboard with your point to play Onward Christian Ponder all season...let's see what he's got. Ups and downs will be cavernous, but, coaches gotta try him on for size. My prediction is that he will play demonstrably better once Simpson plays for 3 games...whoa, that's a long time, but, that is where I'm at. This is gonna be a long year as it relates to wins and losses...sadly.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    alright bro...we be good. Re: Walsh...yeah, I'm a little concerned, but, as part of the full rebuilding mode, I'm onboard. I'm also onboard with your point to play Onward Christian Ponder all season...let's see what he's got. Ups and downs will be cavernous, but, coaches gotta try him on for size. My prediction is that he will play demonstrably better once Simpson plays for 3 games...whoa, that's a long time, but, that is where I'm at. This is gonna be a long year as it relates to wins and losses...sadly.
    Hopefully they can fix Walsh's technique & it becomes a thing of the past, otherwise we'll be looking for a new kicker next year.

I predict Ponder will improve, but the players around him need to improve as well. Our OL still looks porous at times & we really need sure handed receivers. Simpson looks like he may be the real deal, but he's dropped at least one pass he easily should have caught. Aromashodu redeemed himself a bit Friday, but both he and Burton seem to drop just as many passes as they catch. Jenkins just doesn't impress me at all.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-01-2012 at 08:28 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123