Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    On topic..... Ponder is right...the team needs a make over like none other. The changes we have made are good but not good enough.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 08-28-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I do like the notion that he is taking the responsibility for the play and acknowledging that he and the team have a long way to go. He May or may not be the long term solution but I like that he is owning up to what he has in front of him.

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I have read them and I didn't miss th "WE." I will rephrase, "your relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall negativity is getting old."
    If you want to see relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall negativities that is getting old, visit any Tarvaris Jackson threads that have & are still ongoing over 1 year after he left.

    But of course, you didn't ever say anything about that, nor all the negative criticisms against Webb.

    I get that you are a big Ponder homer, but outside of the good showing he and the Vikings had two weeks ago & a few plays here and there, they don't look a lot better than they did last year.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think your expectations for what this team was going to accomplish in the offseason were unrealistic. They did accomplish a lot in the offseason, and yes, there is still a long way to go.

    And I don't buy the "When we start winning, the praise will come" line. We have had a couple of good years, including a trip to the NFC Championship game, and the complaining never really stopped...
    You best go back & revisit those years. I assume you're talking 2008 & 2009. Go look at all the negative threads 2008 & forward, then take a gander at who started them.

    Yep, wasn't a big fan of Favre in 2009, he proved me wrong in 2009, which I admitted & he ended up playing in 2010 like I thought he would in 2009.

    I complained about our OL for years. I'm not going to simply throw on a pair of purple shades & praise them for a job poorly done.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I have read them and I didn't miss th "WE." I will rephrase, "your relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall negativity is getting old."
    If you want to see relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall negativities that is getting old, visit any Tarvaris Jackson threads that have & are still ongoing over 1 year after he left.

    But of course, you didn't ever say anything about that, nor all the negative criticisms against Webb.

    I get that you are a big Ponder homer, but outside of the good showing he and the Vikings had two weeks ago & a few plays here and there, they don't look a lot better than they did last year.
    No, I'm not going to the torturous TJack thread. No, I didn't say anything about Webb.

    You will note in my rephrased comment, which I simplified so you might get the point, that it is solely directed at you and your approach on PP.O, which, I maintain, is getting old.

    Skol Vikings...

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #16
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6
    Build a truce boys, I guarantee you we will need as much positivity we can muster going forward this year. Dredging 3 year old threads is no fun and we all need to think positive during rebuilding which can take a few seasons. No reason to fixate on the worst entities of rebuilding.

  7. #17
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Build a truce boys, I guarantee you we will need as much positivity we can muster going forward this year. Dredging 3 year old threads is no fun and we all need to think positive during rebuilding which can take a few seasons. No reason to fixate on the worst entities of rebuilding.
    +1 Webby

  8. #18
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Build a truce boys, I guarantee you we will need as much positivity we can muster going forward this year. Dredging 3 year old threads is no fun and we all need to think positive during rebuilding which can take a few seasons. No reason to fixate on the worst entities of rebuilding.
    Consider it done, apologies.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Consider it done, apologies.
    Apologies as well Max. I may come off negative at times, but I'm very passionate about my Vikings. I've been the recipient of relentless criticisms & snide remarks for the past 5 years now & it irks me to see certain people use the same reasons to defend certain players that I've used in the past, except only then, I was chastised for them as being weak excuses, but they seem to be quite valid reasons for them now.

    I like Ponder & I also like Webb. I would love both to succeed, but only one can be given the chance to.

    I'm a big proponent of giving a QB a chance to succeed. I don't believe 2 starts is enough chances & I don't think 10 starts is enough chances. Unless of course, they are basket cases.

    I certainly don't say 2 starts without a full offseason working with the starting unit is more than enough time & a QB should be cut after that with one breath & then say that another QB needs 26 games with a full offseason working with the starting unit before they can make a judgement one way or the other. I'm not saying you do either, but there are those here that do.

    I say play Ponder & play him all season. What I don't want to see is us losing our first two games & him get benched because of it & inserting #2 QB in there to finish the season. If they pull that shit again, I'll be voicing my displeasure. Play your starter all year, win or lose & see what you have at the end of the year.

    As far as Walsh is concerned, I'm not sold on him yet. He missed another 40+ yarder last night again. That gives me reason to be concerned, it doesn't make me a hater. That's 3 of 5 he's missed so far at 40+. Two people here said 1 of those misses was because of a bad snap (Bill's game), but I didn't find anything on the web to confirm that. Only that he kicked himself later for missing it. It had the distance, but was wide. If we give him the benefit of the doubt on that one & throw it out, he's still only 2 of 4, having missed his last 2.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-01-2012 at 08:14 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

    As far as Walsh is concerned, I'm not sold on him yet. He missed another 40+ yarder last night again. That gives me reason to be concerned, it doesn't make me a hater. That's 3 of 5 he's missed so far at 40+. Two people here said 1 of those misses was because of a bad snap (Bill's game), but I didn't find anything on the web to confirm that. Only that he kicked himself later for missing it. It had the distance, but was wide. If we give him the benefit of the dought on that one & throw it out, he's still only 2 of 4, having missed his last 2.
    Walsh is concerning me too now. I still would rather have him than long well specifically for the kickoffs... But he needs to figure out his FGs. On KFAN they said that they identified a technique issue with him from his last year in college, and they have addressed it to some considerable success. But old habits apparently die hard, and he looks to be reverting a bit when the pressure is on. Here is to hoping that he can get it under contro
    .
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •