singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder: 'We have a lot to work on'

Vikings QB Ponder: 'We have a lot to work on'

Read more: Vikings QB Ponder: 'We have a lot to work on' - Times Union

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ponder: 'We have a lot to work on'
    No shit Sherlock!

But that's what you were supposed to be doing during your full offseason gamut of OTA's, minicamps, training camp, preseason practices & preseason games.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    No shit Sherlock!

But that's what you were supposed to be doing during your full offseason gamut of OTA's, minicamps, training camp, preseason practices & preseason games.
    I think they did a lot of work during the offseason. Doesn't mean that they are done yet.

I am very optimistic for this young team, but even I know that we are still looking at a 6-10 team (8-8 if we get lucky). Change doesn't happen over night, but we are getting better, and we will continue to get better.

I do feel that we have addressed some (but not all) of our serious needs. I think that our secondary, OL, and QB positions are all much better than they were last year. I think our WR corp is the worst remaining unit on our team, with the LBs not far behind. Our DT position has no depth.

Even with the people we have, we are still looking for that chemistry. Kalil is still making mistakes, Carlson hasn't taken part in any preseason game, Simpson is going to be missing for 3 weeks...

So yeah,*even though we have done a lot this offseason, we still have a lot of work to do.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    No shit Sherlock!

Dude, your relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall hatred towards Ponder is really getting old. Can you please direct some of your attention to campaign against Obama?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Dude, your relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall hatred towards Ponder is really getting old. Can you please direct some of your attention to campaign against Obama?
    "like"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The only problem for the Vikings (No. 29 in APPro32) is that Ponder and many of the starters will not play in the exhibition finale at Houston on Thursday.
    Why the heck not?

This is not Brett Favre or Big Ben. Play 'em!

Dude, apparently, you haven't been reading all my posts. I don't hate Ponder & want him to succeed. Can't say the same about Obama.

Yep, I.m going to criticize Ponder or any other Vikings player for that matter rather than be a huge homer and believe everything is fine.

My comment above wasn't directed solely at Ponder, it was directed towards the team as a whole. Perhaps you missed the part of Ponder's quote where he said "WE".

The fact that he states that they still have a lot to work on, leads me to think they haven't accomplished a lot this offseason with a little over a week to go before the regular season.

Dude, apparently, you haven't been reading all my posts. I don't hate Ponder & want him to succeed. Can't say the same about Obama.

Yep, I.m going to criticize Ponder or any other Vikings player for that matter rather than be a huge homer and believe everything is fine.

My comment above wasn't directed solely at Ponder, it was directed towards the team as a whole. Perhaps you missed the part of Ponder's quote where he said "WE".

The fact that he states that they still have a lot to work on, leads me to think they haven't accomplished a lot this offseason with a little over a week to go before the regular season.

When we start winning, the praise will come. As far as Ponder is concerned, he was supposed to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft last year, yet it looks as if others from his draft class & rookies from this years class appear to be passing him by.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

When we start winning, the praise will come. As far as Ponder is concerned, he was supposed to be the most NFL ready QB in the draft last year, yet it looks as if others from his draft class & rookies from this years class appear to be passing him by.
    I have read them and I didn't miss th "WE." I will rephrase, "your relentless criticisms, snide remarks, and overall negativity is getting old."

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think your expectations for what this team was going to accomplish in the offseason were unrealistic. They did accomplish a lot in the offseason, and yes, there is still a long way to go.

And I don't buy the "When we start winning, the praise will come" line. We have had a couple of good years, including a trip to the NFC Championship game, and the complaining never really stopped...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast