Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ask Ray Edwards what fans here thought of his goal, as just 1 example.

For many fans here, it's all about who's setting the goal. It can be "great to see he's setting a high goal" if he's a well liked player or "He needs to just shut his pie-hole and prove it on the field", if he's not well liked.
    I don't think people were as upset with him setting a lofty goal as they were with his production trying to accomplish it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Ponder went 8 for 10 on first and second downs tonight. 80%. Still think it is a a ridiculous goal?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VIPER420 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Ponder went 8 for 10 on first and second downs tonight. 80%. Still think it is a a ridiculous goal?
    +1 lol

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Over a season, yes. Although I don't think any goal is ridiculous, because if you aren't aiming for the stars then you shouldn't be in the NFL.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Shoot for the moon, hey if ya only get half way that isn't so bad. I agree that 75% is gonna be tough, but by focusing, not just Ponder, the whole offense to get better on 1st, and 2nd down to achieve this goal is a good thing.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Talking about lofty goals, I remember TJ saying once, He wanted to be the best NFL QB who ever played.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Goals are nice....but they have to be realistic to be taken seriously.

Further, just because you state a lofty goal doesn't mean you're suddenly a great player. I'm sure Jackson had plenty of lofty goals (like, "I won't suck anymore or rely on the Defense/Running game to win)....or McNabb and his goals (I won't skip the ball to the receiver)....or Favre and his goals (I won't send pictures of my wiener to Jen Sterger, ooops...Brad Childress, ooops....Marrdro, ooops....anyone else). OK, Favre WAS a great player, once, but that's sort of the point.

Ponder needs to PUT up...not TALK up. I get that the media is chasing HIM for a quote, not the other way around, but let's keep it in the realm of believable progress, alright Christian?

Caine
    The problem I had with his goal that he set is that it isn't simply a personal goal. It also involves the receivers who must then actually catch the ball in order for his goal to even be feasibly possible & with our teams very limited talent at pass catching ability, that goal is way out there, unless we continue to see those little dump off passes as a huge part of our game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    I don't think people were as upset with him setting a lofty goal as they were with his production trying to accomplish it.
    Yes they were. Revisit the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Talking about lofty goals, I remember TJ saying once, He wanted to be the best NFL QB who ever played.....
    And I'm sure the replies here to that weren't......

"What's wrong with setting a lofty goal?"

"Good to see TJ is expecting big things. It can't hurt to set lofty goals."

10 passes is a small sample size out of an entire season. It wasn't even a complete game. It was nice to see while he was in there, but I don't expect the regular season to go as easily as a preseason game.

Of those 10 passes only one was deep. Of the 9 remaining passes how far were the passes actually thrown, excluding YAC?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast