Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder threw the ball after Simpson broke into the slant & Ponder threw it right away. Simpson only took a few steps. Ponder threw off target of where he wanted the ball to go.

If he is going to be off target, yes I would prefer it to be lower so it isn't intercepted.
    It is very possible that Ponder was off target. It is also possible that Ponder threw on target to where he thought Simpson was going to be, and Simpson wasn't there. Or just as likely it was a combination of both.

You are so intent on crucifying Ponder that you are refusing to acknowledge any other likely scenarios that don't fit your pre-determined judgement that the INT was all Ponder's fault.

Either way, we are going too far down the rabbit hole for a preseason INT. Why don't you have your undies in a wad over Cassel's INT, which was clearly his fault and just a horribly thrown ball?

(Or was that somehow Ponder's fault too? )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nope, not viewing things through a lens. I call it as I see it. You on the other hand claimed Simpson short armed it when the video shows he didn't, because skewing that fact help proves your mind was already made up.

I don't hate Ponder, I like to see him succeed & prove me wrong, but I just don't see him "getting it".

Unlike you & others here, I don't want to see Cassel start, even though people have their minds made up that I do. I don't want to see Cassel start for the very reason I didn't want to see Frerotte start. Let Ponder play & if he doesn't pan out move on & draft another QB next year.

Much like Frerotte, Cassel is no longer franchise material. If we played him, we'd hang onto Ponder for another year just like we did Jackson & then maybe play Cassel or another vet next year while we wait to see what we might have in Ponder 2 years from now.

Sound familiar? I don't want that again. Do you?
    lol, whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep better.

I want to play the QB who will help us win more games this year. Based on what we saw at the very end of last year, Ponder has earned the right to start, but I am hoping to see a lot more out of him in preseason in order to be comfortable. We didn't see anything out of him yet (2 passes just isn't enough), so the only thing I personally have to go on is Cassel's performance, which was decent.

I doubt that we are going to sit on Ponder to see 'what we might have in 2 years'. If he is benched this season, we are going in another direction. If that direction includes Cassel while we wait for a rookie QB (who hopefully don't have the word 'football' in his nickname), then I would be good with that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    It is very possible that Ponder was off target. It is also possible that Ponder threw on target to where he thought Simpson was going to be, and Simpson wasn't there. Or just as likely it was a combination of both.

You are so intent on crucifying Ponder that you are refusing to acknowledge any other likely scenarios that don't fit your pre-determined judgement that the INT was all Ponder's fault.

Either way, we are going too far down the rabbit hole for a preseason INT. Why don't you have your undies in a wad over Cassel's INT, which was clearly his fault and just a horribly thrown ball?

(Or was that somehow Ponder's fault too? )
    If it was a designed route & the play was further down field & Ponder threw the ball before or as Simpson made the cut, then yes I could easily say it was a timing issue.

In an earlier post you claimed it you claimed it wasn't a design route, but both players reacting to a blitz. Ergo, Ponder didn't know where Simpson was going to be, but threw it at him when Simpson made the cut trying to hit him in stride. The throw happened right away after Simpson made the cut.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234