Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Apparently Simpson forgot to leap in the air on that one too.

    We have had two full offseasons with Ponder & Simpson working together plus 13 regular season games & every practice in between. Yes folks, they practice during the week. If Ponders timing still isn't on with Simpson after all that, then I can't imagine how much more time that's going to take.

    With that said, then I guess we better extend Ponder's contract now, since he's going to need until 2015 or 2016 to get his timing right with Patterson.
    You might want to check that number Simpson had the 3 games suspension and an ankle/leg/back&neck problems missing another game, Simpson had 10 starts and play in 12......again in this season I won't mind seeing morn than 2 passes, there are a few more receivers on the team and would like to see them interact with Ponder this year....I don't believe that with the way things have gone in the preseason after the first week that the Packers will go scoreless and that the Bills are making their big run. Oh I'm not making any pro Ponder statements hear either, simply looking too see more before I start calling for the week 1 starter against Detroit

  2. #22
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279
    QB controversy already heating up. It's going to be a long pre season.

  3. #23
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    QB controversy already heating up. It's going to be a long pre season.
    And a long season as well I'm afraid, and the next, and the next.

  4. #24
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,005
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    No, we don't all know that Ponder is soft. If you are going to complain about Ponder, let's at least pick something that is real, and not some fan created drivel from the playoffs last year. That has been thoroughly debunked.
    Ok, he doesn't have much zip on his outs, doesn't throw deep well (doesn't get the chance too often, but he still doesn't do it well), looks a little jumpy/shaky (whatever you want to call it) in the pocket quite a bit and....he's soft!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    You might want to check that number Simpson had the 3 games suspension and an ankle/leg/back&neck problems missing another game, Simpson had 10 starts and play in 12......again in this season I won't mind seeing morn than 2 passes, there are a few more receivers on the team and would like to see them interact with Ponder this year....I don't believe that with the way things have gone in the preseason after the first week that the Packers will go scoreless and that the Bills are making their big run. Oh I'm not making any pro Ponder statements hear either, simply looking too see more before I start calling for the week 1 starter against Detroit
    You do realize there were two full offseasons, not to mention plenty of practices between games. That 3 game suspension only prevented him from playing on 3 gamedays & nothing more.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yup. IMHO it shows that the timing between Ponder and Simpson isn't on yet. Ponder led him too far, and Simpson short armed it.
    Simpson didn't short arm it. His arm was fully extended. The only way he could have extended it any farther was to rip his right arm off & use his left arm to extend his right.

    Watch Houston Texans vs. Minnesota Vikings [08/09/2013] - NFL.com

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ponder: Vikings will learn from defeat

    Maybe he was slow getting to where he needed to be.

    Would you prefer the ball was placed at his ankles as our previous QBs had a habit of doing?

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Maybe he was slow getting to where he needed to be.

    Would you prefer the ball was placed at his ankles as our previous QBs had a habit of doing?
    Nope.

    I almost responded to one of the earlier posts, but then I remembered two things:

    1) Some people's minds are already made up about Ponder, and are viewing everything through that lens.

    and 2) I don't even like Ponder, so it isn't worth it for me. I would actually like to see Cassel starting, and that isn't saying much. But I am also willing to keep an open mind about it, and realize that not everything that goes wrong in a game is necessarily going to be 100% Ponder's fault...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Maybe he was slow getting to where he needed to be.

    Would you prefer the ball was placed at his ankles as our previous QBs had a habit of doing?
    Ponder threw the ball after Simpson broke into the slant & Ponder threw it right away. Simpson only took a few steps. Ponder threw off target of where he wanted the ball to go.

    If he is going to be off target, yes I would prefer it to be lower so it isn't intercepted.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Nope.

    I almost responded to one of the earlier posts, but then I remembered two things:

    1) Some people's minds are already made up about Ponder, and are viewing everything through that lens.

    and 2) I don't even like Ponder, so it isn't worth it for me. I would actually like to see Cassel starting, and that isn't saying much. But I am also willing to keep an open mind about it, and realize that not everything that goes wrong in a game is necessarily going to be 100% Ponder's fault...
    Nope, not viewing things through a lens. I call it as I see it. You on the other hand claimed Simpson short armed it when the video shows he didn't, because skewing that fact help proves your mind was already made up.

    I don't hate Ponder, I like to see him succeed & prove me wrong, but I just don't see him "getting it".

    Unlike you & others here, I don't want to see Cassel start, even though people have their minds made up that I do. I don't want to see Cassel start for the very reason I didn't want to see Frerotte start. Let Ponder play & if he doesn't pan out move on & draft another QB next year.

    Much like Frerotte, Cassel is no longer franchise material. If we played him, we'd hang onto Ponder for another year just like we did Jackson & then maybe play Cassel or another vet next year while we wait to see what we might have in Ponder 2 years from now.

    Sound familiar? I don't want that again. Do you?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •