Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder disappointed with Vikings' twist of fate

Ponder disappointed with Vikings' twist of fate | Star Tribune

Christian Ponder unhappy with Vikings' QB situation

Christian Ponder unhappy with Vikings' QB situation - NFL.com
    That really says it all about Ponder.

Most other starting QBs in the same situation would say something like:

"Competition brings the best out of both, I plan on continuing to start when healthy, but I"ll need to work hard and prove to the coaches that I'm the guy. Josh is a great player, great QB, and he'll be a great addition to the team. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, hopefully we can keep winning.

His response indicates he's thrown in the towel and accepted he's not going to be starting anymore. He's admitted defeat, that he's not good enough to hang with Josh and Matt.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Goes right back to his lack of leadership. His lack of confidence is readily apparent as well. I heard a lot of "me" and "I" in his comments, not much about what's best for the Vikings and winning. What bleedpurple said Ponder should be saying is 100% right. Man up Ponder, sheesh!

Too passive once again. Sorry Christian but you're not leader material. I wish you well, just not behind center of this team.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Hey Ponder, "It is what it is"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Ponder is unhappy with the QB situation?

Ponder is?

Who flippin cares!!!!!

We've been unhappy with the QB situation for almost a decade (with one good year thrown in). Guess what, Ponder. We were unhappy with YOU!!!!

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    The organization’s actions this week — regardless of what is said publicly — indicate that Ponder’s tenure appears to be nearing its end. Even Ponder acknowledged that “some of the dynamics of this organization have changed” with Freeman’s arrival.

“It’s a waste of energy and thought to think about what could happen and what might not happen,” Ponder said. “I’m just trying to enjoy these moments because life in the NFL doesn’t last long. You’ve got to enjoy every minute of it, even when things aren’t going the best. And I’m going to see how it plays out. It’ll be interesting to see.”
    I think that he knows he might be dealt. At the very least, Frasier and Rick told the QBs that they won't be keeping all three. Competition is good.

Wonder what he meant by a dynamic change. Wonder if he feels Rick is pulling the plug on him, Frasier had his back before and so did Rick.

Good riddance. He had his chance. Almost no one thinks he can still be a viable nfl quarterback. From the nfl.com article:

"We think the Vikings were right to move on from Ponder. They might have waited too long to do so. This is a prime example of why drafting the wrong quarterback in the first round can set an organization back for years."

I don't know if Josh Freeman is going to be the answer, or not, but this is interesting:

For Frazier and Ponder, change is in the air - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN

"It's interesting there," said King, who said in the interview he had talked to people in the Vikings organization about the Freeman signing. "Leslie Frazier won't handle it like (Buccaneers coach) Greg Schiano did but Leslie Frazier really wasn't in favor of bringing Josh Freeman in. This is (general manager) Rick Spielman and the owner (Zygi Wilf) who overruled the head coach and said, 'No, we've kind of figured out what Christian Ponder is. We want to see what Josh Freeman can bring this team.'"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder you had your chance and blew it.

The door cannot swing fast enough on your way out.

Who will be our next GM and Coach?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast