Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    My recollection was 28 years, but I'm getting old, so that could be right.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoster View Post
    Copy the patience and wisdom of the Green Bay Packers organization. Copy the relative patience of the Green Bay Packers fanbase.

Instead of stealing the so-called talent, steal the concepts.
    This is a profound suggestion that I am always completely thrilled to know will be totally ignored by my fellow NFL football fans to the west.
    Trouble is, there are a LOT of "Concepts" that can be stolen...some work better than others. And they come from a variety of sources.

Green Bay is on a tear because they drafted a series of excellent receivers which allowed them to run an offensive style that no one else can run, and few can defend. Eventually, they will falter again - whether it comes as a result of core people taking bigger contracts elsewhere, or due to time eroding skills matters little. Eventually, like the Rams of the "Greatest Show on Turf", this is simply a phase.

Fact is, our foundation is flawed...that begins in the Owner's box. I've said this since before Zygi took over. This is what I feared would happen. He got a new toy and he wanted to play with it. Well....he's screwed it up royally now. He needs to step back - and take his fewkin family with him - and hire someone with some credibility to fix his mess. Whether that's a Cowher or a Parcells, I don't know. But it won't be a Spielman or a Frazier. And it CERTAINLY won't be a Wilf.

Until that element is fixed, we're going to continue to chase our tails.

Caine

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    I think that's true (about the Pack) Caine, but kindly forgive me while I revel in the present. After all, you'd do the same damn thing.

I'm rootin' for your Vikes against Tebow. That's probably a bad indicator for your team, imo.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoster View Post
    I think that's true (about the Pack) Caine, but kindly forgive me while I revel in the present. After all, you'd do the same damn thing.

I'm rootin' for your Vikes against Tebow. That's probably a bad indicator for your team, imo.
    Don't blame you a bit for cheering for your team - and you're darn right I'd do the same if roles were reversed.

As for you cheering for the Vikes, call it what you want, but I think it really stems from your deep seated desire not to be associated with inbred, corpse-defiling, road-kill lovin', morons....

That's ok. We'll keep your secret for ya....

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Trouble is, there are a LOT of "Concepts" that can be stolen...some work better than others. And they come from a variety of sources.

Green Bay is on a tear because they drafted a series of excellent receivers which allowed them to run an offensive style that no one else can run, and few can defend. Eventually, they will falter again - whether it comes as a result of core people taking bigger contracts elsewhere, or due to time eroding skills matters little. Eventually, like the Rams of the "Greatest Show on Turf", this is simply a phase.

Fact is, our foundation is flawed...that begins in the Owner's box. I've said this since before Zygi took over. This is what I feared would happen. He got a new toy and he wanted to play with it. Well....he's screwed it up royally now. He needs to step back - and take his fewkin family with him - and hire someone with some credibility to fix his mess. Whether that's a Cowher or a Parcells, I don't know. But it won't be a Spielman or a Frazier. And it CERTAINLY won't be a Wilf.

Until that element is fixed, we're going to continue to chase our tails.

Caine
    Well said.......Gb. Has great Recievers......helps. If the Vikes do not take a qb. Blackmon would look great in purple ...
    None

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!!! I have been laughing all the way through. THe chicanery and tomfoolery is a plenty! Some of you are fruit loops!!!!!!

lippy the troll. lmao
    The secondary was awesome against tebow.... Is it coaching? Coming in tebow. Can't pass.. 1dementional......WOW.......
    Just calling them as I see um......Ponder did look good today......but........
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Percy and YAC helped inflate Ponders numbers today, but the INT's were inexcusable. I could forgive him if DB's were making great plays, but it seems like the last 5 INT's were thrown right into the chest of waiting defenders that he just isn't seeing for some reason. He still has 4 games to go and I hope he can end this disastrous season on a good note.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    The secondary was awesome against tebow.... Is it coaching? Coming in tebow. Can't pass.. 1dementional......WOW.......
    Just calling them as I see um......Ponder did look good today......but........
    You seem to have a real affinity for using a lot of periods.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    I don't know how you idiots expect us to have a franchise QB if you don't let him go through growing pains. We are not going to get a rookie who is going to start and lead us to victory. And when we get a vetern you all bitch about his age. This site is turning into a joke. Patience.
    Last edited by VikesFan787; 12-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesfan787 View Post
    i don't know how you idiots expect us to have a franchise qb if you don't let him go through growing pains. We are not going to get a rookie who is going to start and lead us to victory. And when we get a vetern you all bitch about his age. This site is turning into a joke. Patience.
    thank you.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast