Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 126
  1. #41
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7
    So the quarterback that with his franchise runningback out, behind a horrible o-line who couldnt line up against a LFL team and with no recievers outside Percy Harvin who is often on the sidelines.. Isnt good enough? How about giving the kid a god damn break, some time and some targets..

    Only if we are in position to take Andrew Luck we will do that and the Colts are looking to lock that dude up..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #42
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    With the exception of LT, isn't it the same OL we had in 2009?

    Many fans here claimed how good it was because Favre won behind it.
    Well, it is two years older. Hutch isn't playing like he used to. Loadholt has regressed for the second year in a row. Honestly, I don't think it is the same OL we had in 2009.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    69
    This is plain and simple, a stupid thread. Gotta give the kid some time. Look at peyton mannings rookie season stats and wins. I like what i am seeing from Ponder. Why would you even consider getting rid of him after a half seson of starting in rookie year... IMHO...

  4. #44
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Loadholt has regressed for the second year in a row.
    When are they going to realize that bigger isn't always better?

    Where is the crowd that claimed all he had to do was stretch out his arms and make defenders run around him?

    Loadholt has been a major disappointment.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #45
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Well, it is two years older. Hutch isn't playing like he used to. Loadholt has regressed for the second year in a row. Honestly, I don't think it is the same OL we had in 2009.
    I sooooooo thoroughly agree with this! Well said, NP.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  6. #46
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    When are they going to realize that bigger isn't always better?

    Where is the crowd that claimed all he had to do was stretch out his arms and make defenders run around him?

    Loadholt has been a major disappointment.
    Agreed! It makes no sense to put a slow moving behemoth on the line against speedy pass rushers, etc. Dumb, dumber, idiodic.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  7. #47
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    With the exception of LT, isn't it the same OL we had in 2009?

    Many fans here claimed how good it was because Favre won behind it.
    Many? Name me 5 other than Marty.

    I among many were critical of the play of our OL while Favre was there. He made them look acceptable at times, but he was still getting hit more often than he should. They weren't good then, they're even worse now.

  8. #48
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Many? Name me 5 other than Marty.

    I among many were critical of the play of our OL while Favre was there. He made them look acceptable at times, but he was still getting hit more often than he should. They weren't good then, they're even worse now.
    Absolutely. There is a reason his body was beat to a pulp in the NFCCG and there is a reason he needed surgery before he could even play in 2010 and that reason is also why he finally was knocked out to break his consecutive game streak only to be followed by Jackson ad Webb also getting injured.

    The reason was the line sucked then just like they suck now and sucked before he got here.

    The difference is he was good enough to mask many of their deficiencies but obviously not good enough to do it and stay healthy too.

  9. #49
    ConnecticutViking's Avatar
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    383
    Would you trade a draft pick (possibly) 2nd round for Peyton Manning? Heard he may be on the block? Not saying I would, but would like to know your thoughts.

  10. #50
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Would you trade a draft pick (possibly) 2nd round for Peyton Manning? Heard he may be on the block? Not saying I would, but would like to know your thoughts.
    oh god no.

    Manning may never play again. I wouldn't give a second, we NEED those picks, not another old broken QB.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •