Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    First things first... we CANNOT trade anyone right now, the trade deadline is long past. Similarly, any cuts we make now would have to be replaced with players who are already on the street, or at best, on someone's practice squad.

If you were talking about after the season is over, that's a different story. But then again, we shouldn't even be discussing that until we are much closer to that time.

As for moving Ponder... as has already been said, several times, he hasn't had time to prove anything yet. He does, however, have the potential to become an answer to one of our glaring problems. Note that I said AN answer, not THE answer. We have way too many questions for there to be just one answer.

Also... I do not see why you would trade away someone who is decent (and might become great if given the chance) to fill other holes, when that would simply leave another, even bigger, hole to be filled. If we trade away Ponder, or Allen, or Peterson, then we will need to find some way to replace them, and that may end up being harder than finding what we already know we need.

There is no expiration date stamped on Adrian's forehead. Jared plays with enough energy to carry him for several more years, barring serious injury. Percy will be good for many years yet, same caveat.

I'm not willing to give up on any of these guys. Instead, I prefer to help them out by bringing in more talent to surround them. It may take two or three years, but I think this ship can be righted without tearing down the masts to plug the holes in the hull.

Oh, and another thing... about those guys you say are aging and have little time left... how much longer do you think Woodson will be around? Or Urlacher? The other teams in our division, as well as around the league, are facing the same issues on that front as we are. We're not the only aging team out there. They will have to be replacing guys too.

Simply put, we have few enough bright lights in our chandelier, why pull them out intentionally ourselves?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we should trade the entire roster off and start over like an expansion team.
    The Vikings were/are an expansion team.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-26-2011 at 08:51 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    Vikes should use first pick on a qb. Robert Griffin would look good in purple..... Trade up use Allen for bait.......
    Trade up for Griffin?

Why would we have to trade up to take Griffin when the Vikings will be more than likely be picking at #2?

Do you honestly believe the Colts would take Griffin before Luck?

There's a reason the colts are 0-10 & the loss of Peyton is only part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Welcome to the site!

Not gonna lie, people like you piss me off. He's played for what, 3 1/2 games now? And you expect him to play like he's Peyton Manning in his prime? HE'S A ROOKIE. HE DIDN'T EVEN GET AN OFFSEASON. LET ALONE THE FACT THAT WE HAVE ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINES IN FOOTBALL, AND OUR #1 RECEIVER PLAYS TAILBACK HALF THE TIME.
    3-1/2 games is enough time for some people here, even behind a poor O-Line.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The Vikings were/are an expansion team.
    Seriously? You went pretty deep in the well for that one. If you are going to be that literal then go back to the APFA in which case even the Packers are an expansion team.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Seriously? You went pretty deep in the well for that one. If you are going to be that literal then go back to the APFA in which case even the Packers are an expansion team.
    LOL! Lighten up!

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Keep. Holy crap!............are you guys kidding me?!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Keep. Get an OL!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast