Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Did he knock her up?
    That would imply a reception under pressure, which is doubtful.

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Post of the year.

    Maybe they wanted to get married before the end of the Mayan calendar.
    I'm guessing he felt his chances of her marrying him are better if he had a job.

    Frazier's a product of the Childress regime & we all know that Christmas Eve can be fatal to Vikings players careers.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Did he knock her up?
    He just did a little dump off & let the sperm do the rest.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279
    Congrats to Ponder.
    I don't like the timing but assuming he is putting in the appropriate amount of work I have no major gripe. And even if he's not, that's the problem, not the marriage.
    She could be pregnant, seems like the most common reason people get married in a hurry.
    Could also be financial considerations too. For tax reasons it could be beneficial, if your married on the last day of the year you are considered married for the entire tax year.

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    We need to dump this dude NOW... What does this say to the rest of the lockeroom that he would make a decision to get married during the season, let alone a playoff run... Very disturbing.
    It was probably his only chance to get a ring while he was still a starting QB.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He just did a little dump off & let the sperm do the rest.
    lol

  7. #27
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    it was probably his only chance to get a ring while he was still a starting qb.
    lol

  8. #28
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    That's ridiculous and an unreal expectation. I was engaged and married while preparing to fight a pair of wars, but I still managed to do just fine in the "big show."

    Players work, and put in their work, or they leave the league. I've yet to read anything about Ponder blowing off practice or not keeping his head in the books. Everything has just be speculation because he's marrying a fairly high profile person...it's celebrity gossip and and it's silly.

    At the end of the day, players are still people. They still love their families and want to spend time them, and asking them not to is ridiculous.
    Thank you for you services sir.

    I am positive you did not make millions fighting a war right? Pudder is making millions and he does not have his head in the game, nobody would of cared if he would of waited till the offseason to do this. What is next? Is he going to take his honeymoon during week 17? I wouldn't be suprised one bit.

    If Pudder wasn't playing so badly then this would not be an issue but the fact that he is stinking up the place makes it an issue. Instead of chasing tail he should be putting in more work with the recievers and the playbook.

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Thank you for you services sir.

    I am positive you did not make millions fighting a war right? Pudder is making millions and he does not have his head in the game, nobody would of cared if he would of waited till the offseason to do this. What is next? Is he going to take his honeymoon during week 17? I wouldn't be suprised one bit.

    If Pudder wasn't playing so badly then this would not be an issue but the fact that he is stinking up the place makes it an issue. Instead of chasing tail he should be putting in more work with the recievers and the playbook.
    I see no evidence that Ponder's wedding had any negative effect on his play. In fact, most of the time a stable, long term relationship has positive effects on performance, not negative. He isn't chasing tail, he got married.

    This is a non issue. Ponder IS playing poorly, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with his marriage.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

    I see no evidence that Ponder's wedding had any negative effect on his play.
    No negative impact? How could it have gotten worse?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •