Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Did he knock her up?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Christian Ponder confirms marriage

He says they wanted to get married before the holidays "and for some other personal reasons" and that it will not distract him from the game against Houston on Sunday. Ponder calls it the biggest game of his career, with the Vikings chasing down a playoff berth.

Coach Leslie Frazier says he's happy for Ponder and not at all concerned about the timing.
    Guess he stayed in the pocket a little too long.

Does Frazier ever get concerned about anything?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    2 things come to mind ... 1) he wanted to be able to say he was a starting QB in the NFL when he got married (so time was running out) and 2) he wanted to lose his virginity before the world ends on Friday.

Who knows, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe he'll finally throw like a man instead of a high school kid. And it won't be easy to tell if it was a distraction because he barely throws for 100 yards in most games anyway.

Ranger is offline Coach
    You guys realize that players have lives outside of the game, right?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Yes that is why the dildo should of done this during the offseason. Ponder needs to worry about being a franchise quarterback during the season.

My opinion is that he doesn't really care about football that much, and he surely ain't proving me wrong by doing what he is doing.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Yes that is why the dildo should of done this during the offseason. Ponder needs to worry about being a franchise quarterback during the season.

My opinion is that he doesn't really care about football that much, and he surely ain't proving me wrong by doing what he is doing.
    That's ridiculous and an unreal expectation. I was engaged and married while preparing to fight a pair of wars, but I still managed to do just fine in the "big show."

Players work, and put in their work, or they leave the league. I've yet to read anything about Ponder blowing off practice or not keeping his head in the books. Everything has just be speculation because he's marrying a fairly high profile person...it's celebrity gossip and and it's silly.

At the end of the day, players are still people. They still love their families and want to spend time them, and asking them not to is ridiculous.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    That stuff can do crazy things to a man's mind. He is obviously not focused on football if he's getting married during a playoff run. If it's true, it is very unsettling. Hopefully it will inspire him to greatness.....
    We need to dump this dude NOW... What does this say to the rest of the lockeroom that he would make a decision to get married during the season, let alone a playoff run... Very disturbing.

he's clearly not focused on football. and for your so-called franchise QB to do this during the season is unacceptable in my opinion. During the bye week would have been better but not by much... the dude couldnt' wait 2 more months for the season to be over to do this????

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    I agree. This shit can wait. I thought this dude was smart but getting married during a crucial time is just fucking stupid. He should be spending extra time with his WRs. Fuck this guy.
    Last edited by marstc09; 12-19-2012 at 09:01 PM.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post

That's ridiculous and an unreal expectation. I was engaged and married while preparing to fight a pair of wars, but I still managed to do just fine in the "big show."

Players work, and put in their work, or they leave the league. I've yet to read anything about Ponder blowing off practice or not keeping his head in the books. Everything has just be speculation because he's marrying a fairly high profile person...it's celebrity gossip and and it's silly.

At the end of the day, players are still people. They still love their families and want to spend time them, and asking them not to is ridiculous.
    Have you read anything about him keeping his head in the books? I haven't. Wasn't it Favre who spent extra time with WRs? Things have regressed for him. We have every right to question him. We paid for that wedding right?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Guess he stayed in the pocket a little too long.
    Post of the year.

Maybe they wanted to get married before the end of the Mayan calendar.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Are you really Krissy Kluwe ? Does that puzzie Klueless have to chime in on every event that takes place on the planet? He said this about Ponder's marriage

Agreed, said punter Chris Kluwe, whose personal life regularly veers away from football-related topics.

"We have lives away from the football field," Kluwe said, "and I think I've been kind of the example of that. Football is what we do for our job, but that doesn't define us as human beings. We fall in love, get married, have kids, same as everyone else."

Kluwe said Ponder has put in the work all season to perform his best, and that won't change.

This fukstick must really think we care about what a skinny little punter for the Vikings thinks about anything. He's nothing but a self promoting bum looking for a job after football. Maybe Ann Landers... STFU Kluwe.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast