Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I think the freeman start was FORCED on Frazier, so Frazier said, "Ok, YOU want him in, YOU want to embarrass the organization, here ya go!" and made the poor kid throw it 50+ times. That, in my VERY uninformed opinion, is why we know for sure that Frazier will only put Freeman in when he AND Freeman think it's time.

This is Ponder's last start. I'd bet $100 on it if I HAD $100.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

marshallvike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Someone please remind me again why we gave over 2 million for Freeman to sit on the bench ? We're 1-7 for crying out loud. Ponder isn't suddenly going to grow a cannon arm and be able to read coverage past the first look. We should throw Freeman out there and see what he can do. We already know Ponder's MO. It would be like a rookie getting thrown to the dogs, only he isn't a rookie.
    Did you watch the game Freeman played??????
    That was the worst QB performance I have seen in the 40+ years I have been watching football.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    That was the worst QB performance I have seen in the 40+ years I have been watching football.
    Implying Freeman is the worst QB in the last 40 years?

Doubtful. The guy had 10 days to learn an offense, and more importantly get in sync with his receivers. Jennings, Simpson, Wright and CP are going to run routes and be in spots differently than receivers in Tampa. That stuff takes time. We shouldn't have asked him to throw 50+ times.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He only stated it was the worst performance. Stats back That up.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Fair enough, but can't really use that as a basis for claiming he should never play another down of football for us when Ponder has a whole body of work to pull from supporting a similar claim.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I can understand why Ponder gets the start. His Dallas game was a decent game, the up tempo offense was a big improvement.
    Decent by Ponder standards of course. His 82.7 game rating was still below the league season average of 84.5. And he actually had a higher rating vs Green Bay last week at 86.4 (thanks to garbage time), but nobody thought that was a good game lol. But I agree, I liked the up tempo offense, it's a sign that these clowns are willing to try something new now that we're all but mathematically eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Probably the first time this year we had positive time of possession. We almost looked like an NFL team.
    It's actually the 2nd time we've won the TOP battle this year, but it was our best. We also edged out Cleveland.

lost 23:41 to 36:19 at Detroit
    lost 29:26 to 30:34 at Chicago
    won 31:08 to 28:52 vs Cleveland
    lost 23:33 to 36:27 vs Pittsburgh
    lost 23:33 to 36:27 vs Carolina
    lost 23:38 to 36:22 at New York
    lost 19:06 to 40:54 vs Green Bay
    won 31:27 to 28:33 at Dallas

We lose the TOP battle an average of 25:41 to 34:19 per game. However we're not the worst in the league, Philadelphia has a 25:07 to 34:53 ratio going (mainly because of their high tempo offense). Carolina is best in the league at 34:01 to 25:59. And that Green Bay game was the worst TOP by any team in any game this season.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Granted, but the guy can't be that bad or we wouldn't have even brought him in (or would we?). He's shown he can play while at TB. Obviously he wasn't ready to play, but that was a few weeks ago. Surely a player with as much time as he has in the league can pick up at least the rudimentary elements of a pro offense. My point is we know what we have in Ponder and Cassel and we are out of any hope for the playoffs. We need to see what Freeman can or cannot do so we can plan for next year. What's the point of bringing him in and sitting him?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

Doubtful. The guy had 10 days to learn an offense, and more importantly get in sync with his receivers. Jennings, Simpson, Wright and CP are going to run routes and be in spots differently than receivers in Tampa. That stuff takes time. We shouldn't have asked him to throw 50+ times.
    Rating wise it wasn't even Freemans worst career game.

12.1 - 2009 WK 13 vs NYJ .... 14/33, 42.4%, 93 YDS, 2.82 AVG, 0 TD, 3 INT
    33.1 - 2009 WK 10 vs NO .... 17/33, 51.5%, 126 YDS, 3.82 AVG, 1 TD, 3 INT
    33.6 - 2011 WK 9 vs HOU .... 15/33, 45.5%, 170 YDS, 5.15 AVG, 1 TD, 3 INT
    36.5 - 2009 WK 12 at CAR ... 23/44, 52.3%, 321 YDS, 7.30 AVG, 0 TD, 5 INT
    37.5 - 2012 WK 14 at NO ..... 26/47, 55.3%, 279 YDS, 5.94 AVG, 0 TD, 4 INT
    40.6 - 2013 WK 6 at NYG ..... 20/53, 37.7%, 190 YDS, 3.58 AVG, 0 TD, 1 INT
    43.4 - 2011 WK 5 at SF ........ 17/33, 51.5%, 187 YDS, 5.67 AVG, 0 TD, 2 INT
    43.9 - 2011 WK 13 at JAC .... 16/30, 53.3%, 181 YDS, 6.03 AVG, 0 TD, 2 INT

marshallvike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

I did not imply that. I stated that was the worst QB performance I had ever watched. You may disagree, but I can't understand how. He was lucky the Giants secondary was trying to stick with our receivers. The throws were so far off, they didn't have a prayer of intercepting them. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat that day.
    I do agree with the rest of this though. I thought it was ridiculous to force Frazier to throw Freeman out there with less than two weeks on the team. I still think it is too early for him. He screwed up by insisting on the 1 yr deal. He would greatly benefit from spending time learning his receivers, both this season and the offseason. A two year deal would have given him time, and if he did turn out to be a decent QB, he could have moved on with a nice contract while we move our 2014 1st round pick into the starting spot. As it stands, there is not a team in the league who will think he is worth a wooden nickel.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    With Rudolph out for a month, Carlson will have to have an above average game.
    He is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast