Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I'm not really surprised here with 2 days to prep for this game he's seems to be the right choice in limited options, can always go back to Cassel and whom ever is damaged goods due to a sloppy game might as well be Ponder.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Just my opinion, but I expect Ponder will be the QB until Freeman says, "Ready!"

Then he had better be, for his chances both here OR elsewhere.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Just my opinion, but I expect Ponder will be the QB until Freeman says, "Ready!"

Then he had better be, for his chances both here OR elsewhere.
    Freeman will say "Ready, Fire, Aim!"

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Freeman will say "Ready, Fire, Aim!"
    I'm ready to give him a fair shake at the job. Many people were very hard on him for his performance in his first game, but then people absolutely gave up on Nick Foles when he had that shit-burger of a game for the Eagles. Look what he did yesterday with the time, snaps and preparation.

And YES, I think Freeman should be at least as good as Nick Foles. I would not mind seeing him as our number one next year with a Manziel behind him in the wings, making him put up or shut up.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    The big question is : Will the defensive coach listen to the players?
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    With Rudolph out for a month, Carlson will have to have an above average game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Someone please remind me again why we gave over 2 million for Freeman to sit on the bench ? We're 1-7 for crying out loud. Ponder isn't suddenly going to grow a cannon arm and be able to read coverage past the first look. We should throw Freeman out there and see what he can do. We already know Ponder's MO. It would be like a rookie getting thrown to the dogs, only he isn't a rookie.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Someone please remind me again why we gave over 2 million for Freeman to sit on the bench ? We're 1-7 for crying out loud. Ponder isn't suddenly going to grow a cannon arm and be able to read coverage past the first look. We should throw Freeman out there and see what he can do. We already know Ponder's MO. It would be like a rookie getting thrown to the dogs, only he isn't a rookie.
    I'd say due to Freeman's limited time in our crappy offense Ponder and Cassel are probably better for now running it with that being said the Vikings are 1-7 due in large part to the defense ranked last in the league in plays per drive, points per drive, and time per drive allowed....they're only 31st in the league in yards per drive and 31st in the line of scrimmage where the drives start
    LINK

Now I know the offense isn't good ranked 23rd in passing yards and that's after Freeman's really bad outing but really with this defense we need Peyton and Welker added to hide the warts of defense and a secondary that has lost another starter.

As for the 2 mil to Freeman and where's the value.....I don't know look at what Robison, Allen and Williams are getting this season on defense and then before last week Peterson was only getting like 12-13 touches per game over what the 3 games and how much does he get paid. 2 mil isn't that much wasted when you start looking around at how this roster is used.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    It's also quite possible that Freeman looks just as bad in practice as he did against the Giants.

As a fan that realizes this season is over, I would also like to see more of Freeman. But that is coming from a very uninformed, naive perspective...mine. If we take Spielman for his word that Frazier will make the decision on who starts at QB, then I can understand why Ponder gets the start. His Dallas game was a decent game, the up tempo offense was a big improvement. Probably the first time this year we had positive time of possession. We almost looked like an NFL team. It also gives Freeman more time which he should of had from the beginning to be given half a chance to succeed when he does get put in.

The money spent on Freeman is meaningless in terms of whether he should play. He is still the lowest cap hit on the team of our 3 QB's.

Now, I also realize that Ponder isn't going to suddenly get a lot better, we've seen who he is at this point and we need to get better. I don't think Cassell is the answer and I highly doubt Freeman is the answer. But, if Ponder doesn't have a good game this Thursday night, then I would guess Freeman gets the start and will likely ride it out until the end of the year. Excuses for him will be pretty much nullified at this point as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast