Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He looked like he trusted his arm in that video when he wasn't under pressure.
    Again, I don't think he ever lost confidence in himself or his arm. Heck, he still tried to get the ball in tight spots when he shouldn't have.

If he didn't trust his arm he wouldn't have tried a few of those.

Nothing is absolute my friend. Being a military man you out of anyone should know that.have you never seen a guy who could punch paper all day with proficiency but when put in a combat situation falls apart?

There is a pattern of play that has produced sub par performance from him and there are enough documented plays where guys were open and not targeted or open and targeted but missed to demonstrate that targets alone were not his problem.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Nothing is absolute my friend. Being a military man you out of anyone should know that.have you never seen a guy who could punch paper all day with proficiency but when put in a combat situation falls apart?

There is a pattern of play that has produced sub par performance from him and there are enough documented plays where guys were open and not targeted or open and targeted but missed to demonstrate that targets alone were not his problem.
    Or, my favourite, rolling out, and lobbing a ball high and behind the receiver that gets picked off.

That happens when you don't have confidence in yourself or the receiver. You decide to throw it lightly so you don't screw it up, and you end up messing with the mechanics and screwing everything up. That happens in all types of sports. Golfing for example, If anybody here is a golfer, it's usually a better idea to hit a full swing shorter Iron than to try and hit a 3/4 swing longer iron. Hockey, Basketball, any type of sport this happens.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

And there are enough plays were guys weren't open when they were supposed to be, but became open later when the QB had moved on that fans still think they were open.

You see the article out there this weekend?

What jumps off the page isn’t so much that Harvin was on the field so consistently – never less than 60 percent of his team’s plays in any game – but how much Jenkins and, to a lesser extent, fellow former Viking Devin Aromashodu were. While Aromashodu’s reception numbers (11 catches) didn’t reflect well on the amount of time he was on the field, it does point to plays that rookie Cordarrelle Patterson can be on the field in 2013 … and you can bet he will get more than 11 catches if he’s on the field 40 percent of the time. Jenkins’ numbers should easily be matched or surpassed by Greg Jennings. Given the number of plays Simpson was on the field when healthy, his role in the offense is set.
    Scout.com: New receivers will have plenty of opportunity

11 catches......He sure must have been open alot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Or, my favourite, rolling out, and lobbing a ball high and behind the receiver that gets picked off.

That happens when you don't have confidence in yourself or the receiver. You decide to throw it lightly so you don't screw it up, and you end up messing with the mechanics and screwing everything up. That happens in all types of sports. Golfing for example, If anybody here is a golfer, it's usually a better idea to hit a full swing shorter Iron than to try and hit a 3/4 swing longer iron. Hockey, Basketball, any type of sport this happens.
    And he's the only QB we saw that happen to last year?

First ever INT by a 49rs QB in a SB was a over throw....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXaYE3NIwZM
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    And there are enough plays were guys weren't open when they were supposed to be, but became open later when the QB had moved on that fans still think they were open.

You see the article out there this weekend?

Scout.com: New receivers will have plenty of opportunity

11 catches......He sure must have been open alot.
    Two way street, where no doubt, both receivers and QB have their share of the blame. Hard to argue to the open receiver thing without taking it in context of the play. QB's can not see all receivers all the time and I have no doubt that most receivers feel they are open at some time during the play. Was it the right time and were they the target at the moment and then did the QB trust the receiver to make the play and then did the QB trust himself to make the throw. All valid points that can be argued from every side with mostly just opinions to support one's belief. Fact remains is that we were a poor passing team last year and all factors including emphasizing it in practice all probably played into it.

The focus seems to be significantly higher on the passing game this year (although still a secondary focus), if it doesn't improve, then Ponder support from the team will start to wane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12