Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Ponder Sports Science

Lets see if this works...

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I saw that video and posted it way back when in like his first season.

I think what we are seeing is that he can process the information and make the right decisions when not under pressure but once he does get pressured his decision making slows and his accuracy and timing gets off.

That is what we need to see. if he can get to where he can make those decisions and make accurate throws in the face of pressure then he can succeed. If he can't then he will be a career backup at best.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I think he's great for reading defenses and processing information on the fly, he's clearly a sharp guy.

But I'm not sure he trusts his arm, and I'm not sure he's really ever trusted most of his receivers. He might have saw an opening in a tight window, and held the ball. He might have seen Jerome Simpson, Michael Jenkins or Devin Aromashodu open and hesitated. He processed the info, but neglected to act out of trust, of either his arm or his target. Part of that could be due to his lack of a rookie offseason, he's always been a little behind the curve in terms of familiarity with his targets. The arm issue obviously stems from injury.

Hopefully his doubts are a thing of the past.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He looked like he trusted his arm in that video when he wasn't under pressure.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I think he's great for reading defenses and processing information on the fly, he's clearly a sharp guy.

But I'm not sure he trusts his arm, and I'm not sure he's really ever trusted most of his receivers. He might have saw an opening in a tight window, and held the ball. He might have seen Jerome Simpson, Michael Jenkins or Devin Aromashodu open and hesitated. He processed the info, but neglected to act out of trust, of either his arm or his target. Part of that could be due to his lack of a rookie offseason, he's always been a little behind the curve in terms of familiarity with his targets. The arm issue obviously stems from injury.

You are on to something when you talk about trust. Jennings spoke about trust in an interview a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I saw that video and posted it way back when in like his first season.

I think what we are seeing is that he can process the information and make the right decisions when not under pressure but once he does get pressured his decision making slows and his accuracy and timing gets off.

That is what we need to see. if he can get to where he can make those decisions and make accurate throws in the face of pressure then he can succeed. If he can't then he will be a career backup at best.
    So what happened during these drills with the guys he beat out? They get better under real game situations, they just suck when they don't have pressure on them?

Hmmmmmm.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Its been my biggest soapbox since about week 8 of last year. Separation just wasn't there (way to many tight windows) and I can't prove it, but I'm 100% convinced that the WR's just weren't were they were supposed to be/when they were supposed to be.

I'm going to watch real close how he and Jennings work (especially about week 4) as they get more and more game time reps. Jennings knows how to read a defense, make adjustments and get to his spots. Balls behind him will clearly be on Ponder, not him were as balls behind a couple of the cats could be either the WR or the QB's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He looked like he trusted his arm in that video when he wasn't under pressure.
    Again, I don't think he ever lost confidence in himself or his arm. Heck, he still tried to get the ball in tight spots when he shouldn't have.

If he didn't trust his arm he wouldn't have tried a few of those.

Ponder Sports Science

He had NO arm
    None

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    He had NO arm
    Hey Lippy, what do you think of Ponder's arm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast