Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    lmao, you sure Dilfer didn't write this in front of a mirror?

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    lmao, you sure Dilfer didn't write this in front of a mirror?
    I was wondering who told Dilfer what it takes to be a good QB in the NFL.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    He certainly should know what a bad to mediocre one looks like.

Do you find his assessment of Ponder right or wrong? It was written before we drafted him. Lookks to me like he was spot on.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vicktorvike is offline Waterboy
    My thoughts on this are that Ponder throws a nice ball and would be a great backup. he isn't accurate at all and can not read defenses to change up plays. but this is only my take on it. I think we need to get a starting QB on our team to free up AP.

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He certainly should know what a bad to mediocre one looks like.

Do you find his assessment of Ponder right or wrong? It was written before we drafted him. Lookks to me like he was spot on.
    I've said this elsewhere, but it isn't what Ponder does well that is at issue, it is the things he does poorly. They were issues for him the first season he played as a starter, and they are STILL problems. At this point, is there anyone out there that can get him to improve?

Staring down the #1, limited vision while scanning the field under pressure, lack of accuracy when rushed...and on and on. It's like we have Tim Tebow without the awesome leadership skills or the elusivity.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vicktorvike View Post
    My thoughts on this are that Ponder throws a nice ball and would be a great backup. he isn't accurate at all and can not read defenses to change up plays. but this is only my take on it. I think we need to get a starting QB on our team to free up AP.
    He's the perfect guy to come in on mop up duty ... you know, when you only need your QB to come in and hand the ball to the RB because you're trying to run the clock xD. Oh wait, he's fumbled a couple of hand-off exchanges recently so maybe he wouldn't be good for that either.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678