Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Your turnover math is bad, 3 is better than 4 so it should be 3>4 in this case.

To be fair, Smith has 2 career starts vs Ponders 27. Also you're comparing week 1 of Ponder to week 2 of Smith, lets wait to see how Ponder does vs the Bores. It could be ugly. Plus Smith out played Ponder in week 1. Plus Smith had to play in the pouring rain at New England, Ponder was in a dome vs the kitties. Brady didn't look very good either. However those were some poorly thrown INT's by Geno, and I'm not suggesting I would take Smith over Ponder at this point. Oh heck maybe I would, my patience has run out on Ponder.
    Agree!!

What is frustrating with Ponder is he SHOULD have looked better...PERIOD. He looked great at the start of last season, then when defenses made adjustments, he didn't. The last 4 games last year gave me hope, but he SHOULD have looked at least THAT good, which isn't exactly awesome.

Instead he was back to mid-season form already, and mid season form last year SUCKED.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    so is this your point for wanting Smith? His QB rating is 55 over 2 games, don't get me wrong I'm not looking to polish Ponder he has been bad terrible whatever but Smith....really
    I don't want Smith at all, nor do I want Sanchez. What I was implying is that as bad as Smith played, Ponder still had more turnovers than Smith.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Your turnover math is bad, 3 is better than 4 so it should be 3>4 in this case.
    I meant to say 4>3 just like I stated. In other words 4 turnovers is more than 3 turnovers. In this case though, more is not better. It's worse.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I just keep wondering how wonderful Viking land would be if instead of this reach:

With the 12th pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

We had made this reach instead:

With the 12th pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    I do not know if the Vikings were looking at Kaepernick that high. They were looking at Andy Dalton.

We do not know how Ryan Mallett will play. If the front office had not made the Moss trade, Mallett would have been available to the Vikings with the third round pick.

The Vikings did pick up Kyle Rudolph in the second round, and that looks like a good pick. Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallett with Rudolph would all have looked better than Ponder at this point.

The knocks on Ponder were his shakiness when out of rhythm and his poor accuracy deep. That is what the Vikings got, and it does not look to be changing any time soon. We all hope that is wrong, but hope will not win games.

Fox NFL Sunday says, "Ponder on Shorter Leash than Expected."

The news is that inside the locker room, Ponder is on a short leash. No more information was given.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I do not know if the Vikings were looking at Kaepernick that high. They were looking at Andy Dalton.

We do not know how Ryan Mallett will play. If the front office had not made the Moss trade, Mallett would have been available to the Vikings with the third round pick.

The Vikings did pick up Kyle Rudolph in the second round, and that looks like a good pick. Dalton, Kaepernick, or Mallett with Rudolph would all have looked better than Ponder at this point.

The knocks on Ponder were his shakiness when out of rhythm and his poor accuracy deep. That is what the Vikings got, and it does not look to be changing any time soon. We all hope that is wrong, but hope will not win games.
    What you're saying is, we drafted a game manager in the upper 1st round when we could have gotten one in the later rounds or off of anyone's bench? Oh wait, that's what I'm saying xD. It's strange how Ponder went from franchise guy to game manager in a short amount of time, while some try to pretend he was meant to be a game manager all along. Really? We drafted a game manager that high? We wasted a 1st round pick on someone just to hand the ball to AD and throw 5 yard check downs?

What you're saying is, we drafted a game manager in the upper 1st round when we could have gotten one in the later rounds or off of anyone's bench? Oh wait, that's what I'm saying xD. It's strange how Ponder went from franchise guy to game manager in a short amount of time, while some try to pretend he was meant to be a game manager all along. Really? We drafted a game manager that high? We wasted a 1st round pick on someone just to hand the ball to AD and throw 5 yard check downs?
    Yeah, the Vikings drafted a game manager. Nothing he did at Florida State said, "big time NFL quarterback." It was likely Ponder would have dropped to the 3rd or 4th round had the Vikings not drafted him in round one. With Mallet going in the 3rd round, Ponder likely would have been available for the Vikings' as a 4th round pick if they had not selected another QB prior to that.

The Vikings drafted Ponder because he was "NFL ready", and Peterson only had a few great years left. In hindsight, Ponder was not NFL ready; he may never be NFL ready as a top half starter.

Ponder Showed Enough

Is ponder the only QB that wears his wedding ring
    Just asking
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings drafted Ponder because he was "NFL ready", and Peterson only had a few great years left. In hindsight, Ponder was not NFL ready; he may never be NFL ready as a top half starter.
    Yeah, 3 years later and he's still not NFL ready. Meanwhile guys drafted last year look light years ahead.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Josh Freeman is gonna ask for a trade... What do you guys think?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast