singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponderís improved performance makes Vikings proud

Ponderís improved performance makes Vikings proud, after rough stretch by QB raised doubts

Ponder’s improved performance makes Vikings proud, after rough stretch by QB raised doubts - The Washington Post

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They should be proud.

Now let's see more performances like that out of Ponder, and we can all be proud.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Ponder had a solid game. I like the fact that he still is aware that there is room for a ton of improvement. I hope he figures it out and becomes consistent. If he can play well we can have a decent team. Add a few parts next year and we can have a good team.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    For me the biggest difference in the way he played was his use of the pocket. There were a few occasions, the bomb to Wright for example where he stepped up and threw. Hopefully he can trust these guys to give him a bit of protection and start making more of those +10 yard throws
    Purple till i die

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    We can win if Ponder plays at least as good as he did Sunday. Need TDs instead of FGs though.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    It was a decent game but we've seen him have these games before. Heck we've seen him have better games, but then he'll stink it up 3 games in a row. There's not an easy defense on the schedule the rest of the way, except for maybe the Packers. I think he needs to average 200 yds the rest of the way to prove he deserves the starting job next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    It was a decent game but we've seen him have these games before. Heck we've seen him have better games, but then he'll stink it up 3 games in a row. There's not an easy defense on the schedule the rest of the way, except for maybe the Packers. I think he needs to average 200 yds the rest of the way to prove he deserves the starting job next year.
    200 yard average? I doubt thats going to happen. Against some tough defenses none the less. Even if he does throw for that average I wouldnt mind seeing him go up against Baltazar in an open competition next spring.
    Last edited by battleaxe4cheese; 11-14-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't think it's asking too much. Besides the way AP is playing we might see 9 in the box the rest of the way, and if that's the case we're going to need Ponder to do more than just manage the game. The Packers allow 243 through the air, the Rams 228, Bears 215, and the Texans 196, so 200 is realistic.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I agree 100% on everything you just stated!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!