Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Let? I am Norwegian and I say it won't come down to who lets who do what, we are going to go out and take it just like the Vikings did. Get in the way and pay the price.
    Do you remember what happened the last time we played the Steelers? The 4th quarter of that game was 2009 NFCCG bad, in terms of officiating. There's only one conspiracy I subscribe to. It's not that the league wants the Vikings to lose. It's that the league wants the Steelers to win.

Week Seven Morning Aftermath: Steelers 27, Vikings 17 | ProFootballTalk

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Do you remember the game where we kicked their butts and Cowher took the Arial photograph and stuck it in the refs pocket while while walking to the locker at halftime?

The Steelers are waning and the only real star on the team likes to grope women in the bathroom against their will. They are really not any sort of media darling right now while we have the MVP, 3 -1st round picks, JA and momentum. We will kick their azzes.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Here is what a certain yutz said in his win/loss thread.....

Week 4 - Sep 29 Steelers (LOSS 3-1)
    Offensive Rank – Pass 14th/Run 26th
    Defensive Rank – Pass 1rst/Run 2nd
    Additions
    Draft – With the loss of Harrison, the Steelers went after a OLB that can get after the QB in Jones. Considered by most to be a strong and powerful pass rusher with the burst to beat offensive tackles around the corner and the speed to close on quarterbacks, Jones has the talent to be an impact edge rusher. The addition of Laveon Bell, RB, and Marcus Wheaton, WR, they got some help to address the loss of Wallace and what was a weak running attack.
    Vets - QB Bruce Gradkowski, TE Matt Spaeth, OT Guy Whimper, CB William Gay.
    As with the past, this teams grows their own replacements.
    Analysis – Outside game – Not cold. I want to make this one a win in the biggest way, however, I will resist the urge until after camp so I can see how the passing game works out for them. Anyway, most casual fans don’t know that Pittsburgh turned the ball over more than all but six other NFL squads. Heck I’m a stat nut and I didn’t know it until I started this research. Miller still remains a question and seeings how he is one of Big Bens favorite targets, other receivers are going to have to step up especially with Wallace leaving for greener pastures.

Tough matchup defensively. We should be able to stop the run and our new DB’s will be tested to cover a questionable WR corps. Need to get after a scrambling QB early and often. Tougher matchup for our offense. Will need to be patient and don’t make turnovers. Let the defensive control the field and keep us close enough for our ST’s to score points.
    The Vikings keep making Singer happy with those deep throws in camp, I might just change it......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries
    Well, who is ben throwing to, who is running the ball and who do they have left on defense? This is not the same team we have seen over the past decade or so my friend. Not the same at all.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, who is ben throwing to, who is running the ball and who do they have left on defense? This is not the same team we have seen over the past decade or so my friend. Not the same at all.
    I agree and thats why I waivered on the pick.

On a side note, shouldn't a QB like Big Ben carry a team. I mean seriously, if this is the "QB driven league" everyone keeps trying to tell me it is, the Steelers should roll over us with no problem. Just get up on Big Bens shoulders and move on to a win.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Ponder ready to go deep

I think he can carry a team to an extent but I think they went past that point. And unlike in the past they don't seem to be drafting that well as of late.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Here is what a certain yutz said in his win/loss thread.....

The Vikings keep making Singer happy with those deep throws in camp, I might just change it......
    Do you think if it were a true home game you would still pick the Steelers?

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    he really doesn't have any excuses to not succeed this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Is it a big enough deal that Ponder gets to use it as an excuse for not being able to throw deep the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Haha... hilarious article full of BS excuses.
    You guys already nailed it, just more excuses. Why do they keep coddling this guy like he's some sort of special needs case?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    On a side note, shouldn't a QB like Big Ben carry a team. I mean seriously, if this is the "QB driven league" everyone keeps trying to tell me it is, the Steelers should roll over us with no problem. Just get up on Big Bens shoulders and move on to a win.
    I don't know about any of that, but Dick LeBeau isn't going to lose any sleep facing the likes of Ponder that week.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Haha... hilarious article full of BS excuses.

So, when he was fully healthy during his Junior year... FSU managed a 7-6 record? That's encouraging.

Ponder is a career backup. The sooner people (including our GM) realize that, the better.
    Fans are getting use to mediocre play from the QB. Not me. Other Favre, it has been pathetic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12