Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Brewtal is offline Starter
    Webb should be cut tonight, he is not a QB and a complete failure at the position.

Brewtal is offline Starter
    The Vikings beat the Vikings, the Packers did crap and will go no further.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    If anyone calls for Webb ever again, they should be banned. Recognize, all you ponder haters, you don't know anything.
    Glad you were rooting for us to lose just so you could pull out the "I told you so" card. Feel better?

Like Webb is going to be here next year, but we'll be calling for the next backup if Ponder doesn't get his act together. But I like how you Ponder lovers justify his shitty season, see he doesn't suck as much as the backup so lets sign him to a 10 year deal. Good grief, It's like a lot of Viking fans suffer from stockholm syndrome when it comes to shitty QB's. To make matters worse, now we know Ponder is a pussy too, and that's just fantastic news. Way to sack up in your first playoff game Ponder.

purplejokr is offline Rookie
    From everything that I have read about Ponder's injury it seems like it wasn't his decision to pull him and it was apparent to PEOPLE THAT WERE ACTUALLY THERE that had he tried to play he would've been no better than Webb.

At the end of the day folks, the Vikings were a surprising team this season. I was hopeful that they would reach 5 or 6 wins and not once did I EVER think that they would make a playoff run! The simple fact that this squad went from 3-13 to a playoff appearance is completely astounding to me.

The coaches and staff within the Vikings' organization has been involved in football for as long as many of us have been involved in our own careers. The main difference is that unlike the majority of us, the Vikings' staff and coaches have reached the pinnacle of their profession. That isn't to say that internet folks on a message board know NOTHING about football but it is to say that none of us are in Vikings' practice day in and day out. None of us are privy to discussions and exams with trainers and players. None of us are as knowledgeable about the game as the Vikings' coaches and staff.

I don't know if Webb is the answer at QB rather than Ponder but I do believe that Ponder gave the Vikings a better chance to win tonight. If only because Ponder actually beat the Packers last week. I also believe that after a season like this where no one gave the Vikings a chance at making the playoffs that Frazier and his staff have earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm excited about next year's season already!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Ponder is trash too dude. Don't get it twisted!
    I guess you must have missed the Seahawks & Cardinals game this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    ponder at least needs a voice and to fight as hard as he can to play, which i highly doubt happened. That guy has never had any fire under his ass
    You do know he recently got married don't you?

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Glad you were rooting for us to lose just so you could pull out the "I told you so" card. Feel better?

Like Webb is going to be here next year, but we'll be calling for the next backup if Ponder doesn't get his act together. But I like how you Ponder lovers justify his shitty season, see he doesn't suck as much as the backup so lets sign him to a 10 year deal. Good grief, It's like a lot of Viking fans suffer from stockholm syndrome when it comes to shitty QB's. To make matters worse, now we know Ponder is a pussy too, and that's just fantastic news. Way to sack up in your first playoff game Ponder.
    Please just give up your so called Vikings FanDome...it will be better for you, and the rest of us.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    From everything that I have read about Ponder's injury it seems like it wasn't his decision to pull him and it was apparent to PEOPLE THAT WERE ACTUALLY THERE that had he tried to play he would've been no better than Webb.

At the end of the day folks, the Vikings were a surprising team this season. I was hopeful that they would reach 5 or 6 wins and not once did I EVER think that they would make a playoff run! The simple fact that this squad went from 3-13 to a playoff appearance is completely astounding to me.

The coaches and staff within the Vikings' organization has been involved in football for as long as many of us have been involved in our own careers. The main difference is that unlike the majority of us, the Vikings' staff and coaches have reached the pinnacle of their profession. That isn't to say that internet folks on a message board know NOTHING about football but it is to say that none of us are in Vikings' practice day in and day out. None of us are privy to discussions and exams with trainers and players. None of us are as knowledgeable about the game as the Vikings' coaches and staff.

I don't know if Webb is the answer at QB rather than Ponder but I do believe that Ponder gave the Vikings a better chance to win tonight. If only because Ponder actually beat the Packers last week. I also believe that after a season like this where no one gave the Vikings a chance at making the playoffs that Frazier and his staff have earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm excited about next year's season already!
    +1
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Yep, just as I thought. No mention of "We should have kept Rosenfels" until after the game.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Any player of "franchise" status has the right to veto a coaches decision in starting a game or not. If Ponder truly thought that Webb gave the Vikings a better chance of winning despite not taking a snap in a real football game in 2 years, playing on the road in a hostile environment, and a playoff game nonetheless, then obviously he is not to high on himself.

All I know is that if Aaron Rodgers had this same exact injury, he nor McCarthy would have said he wasn't playing in this important of a game. Favre would have played, Manning would have played, Brady would have played, Brees would have played, pretty much all the real QB's of the league that aren't complete pussies would have played.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast