Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yep, just as I thought. No mention of "We should have kept Rosenfels" until after the game.
    Hope you are not referring to me, I was against letting him go back in TC when they released him. I was all for his veteran presence on this team.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Any player of "franchise" status has the right to veto a coaches decision in starting a game or not. If Ponder truly thought that Webb gave the Vikings a better chance of winning despite not taking a snap in a real football game in 2 years, playing on the road in a hostile environment, and a playoff game nonetheless, then obviously he is not to high on himself.

All I know is that if Aaron Rodgers had this same exact injury, he nor McCarthy would have said he wasn't playing in this important of a game. Favre would have played, Manning would have played, Brady would have played, Brees would have played, pretty much all the real QB's of the league that aren't complete pussies would have played.

I call BULLSHIT, you do not know the severity, therefore you cannot know who would or wouldn't play with that injury.
    You may play a great game from your lazyboy recliner, but I do not recall seeing VikesfaninWis on the back of any NFL jerseys in any NFL game this year
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    [/COLOR]

I call BULLSHIT, you do not know the severity, therefore you cannot know who would or wouldn't play with that injury.
    You may play a great game from your lazyboy recliner, but I do not recall seeing VikesfaninWis on the back of any NFL jerseys in any NFL game this year
    I have to agree with this. The simple fact is, we have no way of knowing, and never will. Ponder might have played better, or might have played worse. We can never know. Calling his character into question over a decision that was not his to make is childish and reactionary.

Do you really believe that Brady would be able to veto a Bill Belichick decision? I doubt it. He might argue it, but nobody tells BB who is playing and who isn't. Also, it's not exactly right to classify Ponder as a "franchise" player, either. He is far from achieving that status. Just because he was picked high does not make him a franchise QB, much as we might want him to be. He has to show he's good enough for that first, and he hasn't yet.

We're all upset over the loss and Webb's poor showing, but almost no one expected us to be in that position to begin with, so take it for what it is worth: nothing.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    [/COLOR]

Call bullshit all you want. Favre played with cracked ribs, he played with a broken finger on his throwing hand. If you can play with that, you can play with a bruise of the triceps no matter the severity. Brady played with a grade 3 sprain of his throwing shoulder, think that is a little worse than a bruise of the triceps?

Yep, I do watch the games from my recliner, but at least its not in my parents basement. Thanks for the quote.

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Call bullshit all you want. Favre played with cracked ribs, he played with a broken finger on his throwing hand. If you can play with that, you can play with a bruise of the triceps no matter the severity. Brady played with a grade 3 sprain of his throwing shoulder, think that is a little worse than a bruise of the triceps?

Yep, I do watch the games from my recliner, but at least its not in my parents basement. Thanks for the quote.
    Brady has had shoulder problems to one degree or another most of his career. He has played with broken ribs and a broken ring finger on his throwing hand. But I guess I would have to call BS on the grade three sprain of the throwing shoulder, unless you can provide a link.
    I'm not a big Ponder, fan but realize playing with broken ribs or even a broken thumb on the throwing hand as Favre did, is much easier than the injury Ponder has. You can't give a shot of Lidocaine and numb the pain without numbing the entire arm.
    Even if Ponder's arm was 100%, it is hard to believe the Vikings would have won.

Questioning his toughness after the Vikings suffered this loss seems a bit intolerant.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Brady has had shoulder problems to one degree or another most of his career. He has played with broken ribs and a broken ring finger on his throwing hand.
    Which finger would that be since Brady has 3 SB rings plus 2 SB MVP rings?

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Please quote 1 time that I said this loss is Ponder's fault, I never said it, so good luck finding it. I simply said that Ponder is a pussy and his not playing showed a lot about his character. Every player has the right to state his case in starting, especially when you are the "franchise" QB.

So if the roles were reversed do you think that Rodgers wouldn't have played tonight? Think McCarthy would have just shut him down? Think Rodgers would have just agreed to not playing and not make a fuss about it? Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.
    Paul Allen is on KFAN right now saying that Ponder could not straighten his arm or even pull his jersey over his head. He also said that Ponder wanted to play but Fraizer benched him, AND that it was the right decision. He went so far as to specifically say that not even Favre would have been able to play with the injury. I hope that clears that up a bit for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    How is that any different from any other game this year!??
    Not going to lie, I did actually laugh out loud at that post though.

All that being said, anyone calling Ponder out for not playing is misguided at this point. Ponder was injured, and simply could not play. Out of curiousity, would you or VikesfaninWis or anyone else complaining about Ponder have been happy if you were Redskins fans and watched RGIII play though an injury? How well did THAT turn out for them?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Paul Allen is on KFAN right now saying that Ponder could not straighten his arm or even pull his jersey over his head. He also said that Ponder wanted to play but Fraizer benched him, AND that it was the right decision. He went so far as to specifically say that not even Favre would have been able to play with the injury. I hope that clears that up a bit for you.

Not going to lie, I did actually laugh out loud at that post though.

All that being said, anyone calling Ponder out for not playing is misguided at this point. Ponder was injured, and simply could not play. Out of curiousity, would you or VikesfaninWis or anyone else complaining about Ponder have been happy if you were Redskins fans and watched RGIII play though an injury? How well did THAT turn out for them?
    Here it is again....

I'm no expert, but I think that'd put a damper on your ability to throw effectively.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910