Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Just saw on Yahoo sports that Ponder is questionable for Sunday due to sore ribs.
    Must be from all that ribbibg he took from fans and the media after yet another mediocre performance.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    what practice yesterday? as I understand today was the first day of practice having only arriving yesterday morning.
    So Ponder finally arrived in England after all?

Christian Ponder’s Plane To London Flies Short, To The Left, Lands Incomplete In Greenland

Christian Ponder's Plane To London Flies Short, To The Left, Lands Incomplete In Greenland - ProFootballMock.com - ProFootballMock.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ponder questionable

IF Punder plays and Vikes lose is that it for him unless injuries force him back .
    Anyone think McLeod gets a look before thanksgiving ?
    None

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So Ponder finally arrived in England after all?

Christian Ponder’s Plane To London Flies Short, To The Left, Lands Incomplete In Greenland

Christian Ponder's Plane To London Flies Short, To The Left, Lands Incomplete In Greenland - ProFootballMock.com - ProFootballMock.com
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Must be from all that ribbibg he took from fans and the media after yet another mediocre performance.
    Lets hope at the team meals this week that the waiter doesn't ask Ponder how he would like his ribs done.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Ponder’s rib injury could give Vikings a chance to see what Cassel can do
    if Cassel stinks, the Vikings can declare that they have “no intent” to trade for Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman.

And all that that implies.
    I really can't see the Vikings trading for a guy in the last year of his contract and Freeman is due over 8 million in his last year....Vikings have just over 2 mill in cap space....to make it work they'll have to move some salary out Williams or Allen.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    After all this teasing with the Ponder rib injury, I'll be pretty damn disappointed if they end up starting Ponder after all.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    After all this teasing with the Ponder rib injury, I'll be pretty damn disappointed if they end up starting Ponder after all.
    Amen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Prepare to be disappointed gents

Ponder takes majority of snaps

Frazier also rejected the suggestion that the rib injury could serve as cover for making a change to Matt Cassel after three losses to open up the season.
    That's it just roll with him and get your butt fired already....

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He was throwing normally in practice yesterday, so I'd say this is a bit abnormal.

I'm sure the coaches concocted this story as a nice way to let Ponder down slowly... considering they've been cradling him his whole career.

Frazier honestly is Childress 2.0... it's scary how much this season is reminiscent of the 2008 season.
    I said the same thing awhile back.

This is Frazier looking for a way to get Cassel in there without saying, "yup, Ponder sucks". But, if Cassel fails to deliver (ala Kelly Holcomb or Brooks Bollinger), we'll see Ponder back in there, with the same lines from Frazier about him being "the man" and them having "total confidence", etc... If he plays, Cassel will have exactly ONE game to make his mark, or he'll be riding the pine (again, like Holcomb and Bollinger) behind an inferior QB.

Caine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12