Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purpledoom is offline Starter

Ponder questionable

Just saw on Yahoo sports that Ponder is questionable for Sunday due to sore ribs. Anyone think this is a convenient way to sit him for a game and see what Cassell has to offer ?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    He was throwing normally in practice yesterday, so I'd say this is a bit abnormal.

I'm sure the coaches concocted this story as a nice way to let Ponder down slowly... considering they've been cradling him his whole career.

Frazier honestly is Childress 2.0... it's scary how much this season is reminiscent of the 2008 season.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He was throwing normally in practice yesterday, so I'd say this is a bit abnormal.

I'm sure the coaches concocted this story as a nice way to let Ponder down slowly... considering they've been cradling him his whole career.

Frazier honestly is Childress 2.0... it's scary how much this season is reminiscent of the 2008 season.
    what practice yesterday? as I understand today was the first day of practice having only arriving yesterday morning. They did the Play 60 with the school kids so doubt that qualifies as a practice session.
    Don't doubt though that this is being managed in a careful way
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Just saw on Yahoo sports that Ponder is questionable for Sunday due to sore ribs. Anyone think this is a convenient way to sit him for a game and see what Cassell has to offer ?
    Absolutely. What do we have to lose? Another game???

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Rib injury clouds status of Christian Ponder of Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

"It's a little sore and it's going to be something I will have to work through but I threw more than I thought I would be able to,'' Ponder said. "We'll wait to see how this week plays out, but my expectation and my hope is that I will be playing.''

The details surrounding the injury did raise some questions, given the fact Ponder finished Sunday's game after getting hit in the first quarter and said on Wednesday he didn't know his injury was a concern until "I got the news yesterday morning that I'd been hurt."

purpledoom is offline Starter
    He got the new he had been hurt !? Lord.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Did Tom Brady reveal Matt Cassel as Vikings' starter? - NFL.com

Just to add some more fuel to the fire, Brady has 'appeared' to let things slip regarding Cassel starting. Be interesting to see how this goes
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    "It's a little sore" And he might miss the game? Are we talking about a NFL QB here or some little kid?

The whole thing sounds fishy to me. They conveniently take AJ out of the game after blowing 2 consecutive plays (1 for a TD) and say it was because of a sprained ankle, now Ponder comes down with a mysterious rib injury? And I love how it sounds like the Vikings know his injury better than Ponder himself lol.

If Cassel lights it up there's no way they can go back to Ponder after the "injury". But this is the Vikings so they probably would.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Brady, who is a perfectionist, thinks highly of Cassel. I know, I know, look at KC a lot of you will say; but remember what ELSE was going on in KC last year as well. They had a guy who killed his girlfriend them blew his brains out in the Stadium parking lot. There seemed to be a shadow hanging over that team last year, and I really felt bad for a lot of the players on that team.

Either way, I would love to see Cassel get 4 games in a row, to show us who he is. 4 because you can look AWESOME in one game, perhaps 2...but if you are a Ryan Leaf, 4 games should out you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast