Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder: Mechanics cause of uneven play

Vikings QB Christian Ponder says mechanics cause of uneven play

Vikings QB Christian Ponder says mechanics cause of uneven play - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Question is- can they fix that?

Blog Entries

The best part of the article was when he divulged that he throws better going forward than backwards.

If and defenses missed that little nugget in the game film he just made sure they knew it now and can scheme to prevent him from doing it if they can now, sort of his randy ratio moment.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Never had a problem with the "Randy Ratio" thing like many fans did. Did they honestly believe that defenses didn't know we were going to throw the ball to Randy most of the time, like we had been doing, until we told them?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    If he doesn't pan out, maybe we can have a shot at this guy.

No. 4 K-State, Klein make it clear they're for real - College football- NBC Sports

QB scores 7 TDs as Wildcats put on a clinic, routing No. 17 West Virginia 55-14

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If he doesn't pan out, maybe we can have a shot at this guy.

No. 4 K-State, Klein make it clear they're for real - College football- NBC Sports

QB scores 7 TDs as Wildcats put on a clinic, routing No. 17 West Virginia 55-14
    If mechanics are your hang up with Ponder, I'm surprised you'd go with Klein. Great player on a great team. But I see him as a Tebow 2.0 guy. He runs the option and has mediocre throwing mechanics at best. Definitely doesn't have an NFL arm.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Man were those some ugly ass mechanics today or what? Good grief he looked like crap. It was so bad I was hoping they'd put Webb in there in the 4th to handle mop up duty.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Never had a problem with the "Randy Ratio" thing like many fans did. Did they honestly believe that defenses didn't know we were going to throw the ball to Randy most of the time, like we had been doing, until we told them?

I'd agree. Do you really think most coaches don't have some sort of 'randy ratio' with their playmakers?

When you have possibly one of the most exciting receivers in the history of the game, you make a conscious effort to get him the ball. It's not as if defenses would go into games with the mindframe of "well, there's 4 receivers, every one of them is equally likely to get the ball" No, Randy was a primary target. THere's a reason he caught well more than any #2 on our team in that time frame.

Same with guys like Welker, Owens, C Carter, Harvin (this year at least), etc. We make a conscious effort to call plays to get him the ball. We just don't say it out loud.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    well.. CP's show yesterday was.. I hope a great learning experience.. as it was the worst i've seen him so far. he looked out of place, out of focus.. he over threw jenkins.. how tall is this guy?

The position requires a lot of things, and i'll give some credit to Arizona.. they disguised a lot of things, and were noted for doing it against a lot of teams. this is one of the reasons they are going to be a top 10 D. now was there some things ponder thought he saw, but realized he didn't see? sure.. was there some panic? sure.. can he learn from this and move on? damn i hope so!! imagin had we been down a TD in the end..

also.. to all you who are looking for future drafts.. don't overlook the qb sitting in the background learning, watching, and hopefully mentaly playing.. we allready know he has an NFL arm.. and i don't mean webb.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    well.. CP's show yesterday was.. I hope a great learning experience.. as it was the worst i've seen him so far. he looked out of place, out of focus.. he over threw jenkins.. how tall is this guy?

The position requires a lot of things, and i'll give some credit to Arizona.. they disguised a lot of things, and were noted for doing it against a lot of teams. this is one of the reasons they are going to be a top 10 D. now was there some things ponder thought he saw, but realized he didn't see? sure.. was there some panic? sure.. can he learn from this and move on? damn i hope so!! imagin had we been down a TD in the end..

also.. to all you who are looking for future drafts.. don't overlook the qb sitting in the background learning, watching, and hopefully mentaly playing.. we allready know he has an NFL arm.. and i don't mean webb.

DiGiTaL
    Ponder appears to have developed a case of the yips. Hopefully he will get over it soon. I'm glad he picked the last two games to be irrelevant, but starting Thursday night, we are going to need to see more of the early season version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast