Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Didn't Joe montana miss 2 seasons with a triceps tendon at his elbow injury to his throwing arm

I had a 1 cm tear of this tendon myself and lost up to 80% for the movement my elbow due to the swelling for the first 3 days, forearm looked like it belong to popeye with the bruise up the entire tricep and that was from a simple hyperextension. It also effected my grip strength (well there was none) and just simple had movements, had big issues writing for a week. I had problems throwing a baseball 6 months later.
    On a positive note, your shower time was cut in half and the conditioner lasted twice as long.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    My issue isn't his pain tolerance. It's the fact that being injury prone is a total liability. Especially without a competent back-up. We need at least one new QB on this roster. Ponder has one more year to prove to me that we don't need two!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    My issue isn't his pain tolerance. It's the fact that being injury prone is a total liability. Especially without a competent back-up. We need at least one new QB on this roster. Ponder has one more year to prove to me that we don't need two!
    He made it through the whole regular season without getting hurt and it isn't like he was left "Clean" the whole season. Until the line gelled and AD came around, he took his licks. Not sure if I'm labeling him injury prone anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I explained the injury, including how a shot of pain killer would make the arm go numb , and as you said, make it useless, in another thread.

Your answers in this thread were on point and very good.

Some people aren't going to accept any explaination because they dont like Ponder, I presume.

BTW Doc Fargo is still active at PP.O under a different name !
    Thanks Old friend. I'm no Doc Fargo but I have had the same injury only on my knee (upper leg).

Good to know the old Codger is around. If you don't mind, PM me his new handle. I will keep it quiet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Thanks Old friend. I'm no Doc Fargo but I have had the same injury only on my knee (upper leg).

Good to know the old Codger is around. If you don't mind, PM me his new handle. I will keep it quiet.
    I have a guess.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BTW Doc Fargo is still active at PP.O under a different name !
    Say what?

Do tell.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Say what?

Do tell.
    Called himself Uffda in the old days ?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    My problem is that the top quarterbacks in this league past and present play with that injury. Are you going to try and tell me that Gayrod, Brees, Brady, either Manning, Favre, Elway, etc etc etc miss making that start? You would have to cut their arm off to not play in that game. It doesn't really matter too much now. We are stuck with him next year, hopefully he can keep improving and we get some downfield weapons for him and he can actually make the throws. I hope he proves me wrong and I have to eat crow, I'm sorry I just don't have a whole lot of faith in him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Say what?

Do tell.
    Called himself Uffda in the old days ?
    You sunnuva........

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You do realize that most of the bruising you are seeing is not the injury. What your seeing is the bruising spread to the outer extremity of the arm. The real damage is down between the bone and the muscle.

Trying to compare it to what the Noodle had is kindof silly (for lack of a better word).

Were is Doc Fargo when you need him?
    Apparently we don't need Doc Fargo because now we have Doc Marrdro xD.

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    My problem is that the top quarterbacks in this league past and present play with that injury. Are you going to try and tell me that Gayrod, Brees, Brady, either Manning, Favre, Elway, etc etc etc miss making that start? You would have to cut their arm off to not play in that game. It doesn't really matter too much now. We are stuck with him next year, hopefully he can keep improving and we get some downfield weapons for him and he can actually make the throws. I hope he proves me wrong and I have to eat crow, I'm sorry I just don't have a whole lot of faith in him.
    That pretty much sums up the sentiment I have. I don't hate Ponder and I want him to succeed just as much as anyone else around here. I'll happily eat my crow if he pans out too, but I just don't see it. I was happy when we drafted him thinking maybe we finally found our very own franchise guy, and I was pulling for him early and often, but after 26 starts, that happiness has slowly turned into disappointment.

And whether I'm a keyboard warrior or not is irrelevant because I'm comparing Ponder to his peers. I've seen guys suck it up and play through much worse injuries in big games. All I expected was for him to give it a go. If he had come out early nobody would be questioning his toughness right now. That's the only point I was trying to make. Now we just have one more concern.

Maybe he was too injured to play and maybe that first drive would have been ugly, but just imagine if he had played and won with that injury, that my friends is how legends are made. But we'll never know because he never even tried.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast