Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Doesn't look that bad to me. Did you see Favre's ribs and ankle after the Saints game in '09? And lets not forget, this wasn't just some meaningless regular season game. This was his first playoff game, vs our biggest rival, in Lambeau. There is no tomorrow kind of game. I've just never heard of a guy missing such a big game because of bruising or because he was too sore. That's how you get labeled a pussy. Besides don't they usually give guys a pain killing injection for things like that? Like I've said before, he could have at least suited up and tried, and had he come out grimacing after a few bad throws on the opening drive, nobody would be questioning his toughness today.
    You do realize that most of the bruising you are seeing is not the injury. What your seeing is the bruising spread to the outer extremity of the arm. The real damage is down between the bone and the muscle.

Trying to compare it to what the Noodle had is kindof silly (for lack of a better word).

Were is Doc Fargo when you need him?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach
    Summary: Faber ate a ton of leg kicks which cost him the fight. He had to go to the hospital to make sure that there wasn't issues with the swelling cutting off circulation to the rest of his limb, which could be problematic, to say the least.

If you look for pictures, it's essential what Ponder had, just on his leg instead of his arm. Now, Ponder had more time between injury and the picture, and it still looks bad, so you have to imagine how terrible it must have been right after the injury. An injury which occured fairly early in the game, and which Ponder played through.

I'm sure that if he had been able to throw the ball, he would have, but it's no good having a quarterback who can't move his throwing arm. If he had started and played (and he would have been terrible beyond belief), everybody would be blasting him for being too self-centered to sit for the benefit of the team.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Summary: Faber ate a ton of leg kicks which cost him the fight. He had to go to the hospital to make sure that there wasn't issues with the swelling cutting off circulation to the rest of his limb, which could be problematic, to say the least.

If you look for pictures, it's essential what Ponder had, just on his leg instead of his arm. Now, Ponder had more time between injury and the picture, and it still looks bad, so you have to imagine how terrible it must have been right after the injury. An injury which occured fairly early in the game, and which Ponder played through.

I'm sure that if he had been able to throw the ball, he would have, but it's no good having a quarterback who can't move his throwing arm. If he had started and played (and he would have been terrible beyond belief), everybody would be blasting him for being too self-centered to sit for the benefit of the team.
    Paul Allen said that he saw it right after the game and again the next day and Ponder basically couldn't bend his arm. Paul went on to say that he was amazed he made it through the game.

Find me an injection for that and I'll call Ponder a Pussy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Didn't Joe montana miss 2 seasons with a triceps tendon at his elbow injury to his throwing arm

I had a 1 cm tear of this tendon myself and lost up to 80% for the movement my elbow due to the swelling for the first 3 days, forearm looked like it belong to popeye with the bruise up the entire tricep and that was from a simple hyperextension. It also effected my grip strength (well there was none) and just simple had movements, had big issues writing for a week. I had problems throwing a baseball 6 months later.

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Didn't Joe montana miss 2 seasons with a triceps tendon at his elbow injury to his throwing arm

I had a 1 cm tear of this tendon myself and lost up to 80% for the movement my elbow due to the swelling for the first 3 days, forearm looked like it belong to popeye with the bruise up the entire tricep and that was from a simple hyperextension. It also effected my grip strength (well there was none) and just simple had movements, had big issues writing for a week. I had problems throwing a baseball 6 months later.
    Hm. Sounds like someone is a soft pussy.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    lol
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

oh yeah

well probably

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post

oh yeah

well probably

haha, well done!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You do realize that most of the bruising you are seeing is not the injury. What your seeing is the bruising spread to the outer extremity of the arm. The real damage is down between the bone and the muscle.

Trying to compare it to what the Noodle had is kindof silly (for lack of a better word).

Were is Doc Fargo when you need him?
    I explained the injury, including how a shot of pain killer would make the arm go numb , and as you said, make it useless, in another thread.

Your answers in this thread were on point and very good.

Some people aren't going to accept any explaination because they dont like Ponder, I presume.

BTW Doc Fargo is still active at PP.O under a different name !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast