Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ponder lets his arm do the talking

This is for those fans calling Ponder a pussy or wimp....

Christian Ponder lets his bruised right arm do the talking

Minnesota Vikings: Christian Ponder lets his bruised right arm do the talking - TwinCities.com
    Last edited by singersp; 01-08-2013 at 06:29 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Here's the pic I found yesterday...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Ouch. Anyone catch Paul Allen on the NFL channel last night. From his description, it was much worse by the end of the game and he couldn't even bend it the next day.

Back when I used to fight with mid-evil weapons I didn't wear my horseman's leg armor for a practice. Some shit head figured it out and kept whacking me just above my knee which resulted in a "Deep Contusion" like young Ponder has.

Was on crutches for 2 weeks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It's just a flesh wound. I've had worse..
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 01-09-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Doesn't look that bad to me. Did you see Favre's ribs and ankle after the Saints game in '09? And lets not forget, this wasn't just some meaningless regular season game. This was his first playoff game, vs our biggest rival, in Lambeau. There is no tomorrow kind of game. I've just never heard of a guy missing such a big game because of bruising or because he was too sore. That's how you get labeled a pussy. Besides don't they usually give guys a pain killing injection for things like that? Like I've said before, he could have at least suited up and tried, and had he come out grimacing after a few bad throws on the opening drive, nobody would be questioning his toughness today.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Ponder=soft, I agree reign take a pain killing injection and get your ass on the field for the biggest game of your career thus far.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Ponder=soft, I agree reign take a pain killing injection and get your ass on the field for the biggest game of your career thus far.
    Have you guys never been injured? I've had similar bruises under a variety of reasons. Leg kicks in muay thai and impact from jumping, and the swelling can get so bad that you can't bend or flex your joint. I'm sure he could have managed the pain, but that wasn't the issue. The problem was that he didn't have full range of motion or speed on his arm, which would have prevented him from throwing for more than 10-15 yards, and those tosses would have had no velocity.

Calling him a "pussy" is the ultimate in keyboard warrior posturing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Ponder lets his arm do the talking

RG3 played with torn knee ligaments on a crappy field.

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Soft, Pain Killer/Injection? Obviously you've never had an injury like that. I have on my knee/leg. Its nothing like a sprain or something like that where you can deaden it a bit. Even if you can get range of motion back (which is the issue not the pain), to kill the pain you basically make the limb useless.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Have you guys never been injured? I've had similar bruises under a variety of reasons. Leg kicks in muay thai and impact from jumping, and the swelling can get so bad that you can't bend or flex your joint. I'm sure he could have managed the pain, but that wasn't the issue. The problem was that he didn't have full range of motion or speed on his arm, which would have prevented him from throwing for more than 10-15 yards, and those tosses would have had no velocity.

Calling him a "pussy" is the ultimate in keyboard warrior posturing.
    Exactly, it isn't the pain. Its the fact you can't use your limb for goodness sakes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast